For Sale MiRider One 2020

Barnsleyrob

Pedelecer
Jul 20, 2020
With a heavy heart I’m selling my MiRider One folding ebike as I’ve managed to find space for a full size ebike.

It was purchased in October 2020 and has covered 170 fun filled miles from new. It comes complete with the charger, two keys, a MiRider luggage rack and a spare inner tube. There’s also a carry bag which is unused.

Very easy to fold and unfold and, at 18.8kg, quite easy to load into a hatchback. 5 levels of assistance and a LCD which shows battery level, power assistance level, trip, ODO, speed, max speed and average speed. There’s also an estimate of the battery range remaining (which should be taken with a pinch of salt).

More information and videos at MiRider.co.uk

The bike is in very good condition with just a scuff on one of the plastic handlebar caps and a very light rub mark on the paint lacquer where I tried a new lock (which was promptly binned). It’s been used mainly for 10-12 mile leisure trips on a mix of road and canal path near the Elsecar Heritage centre and Wentworth.

I‘m looking for offers at £995 with collection from Barnsley, South Yorkshire. Some pics are attached but please email me on robhk2007@hotmail.co.uk if you want any more info.

Attachments

Last edited:

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
You have to be realistic. I'm going to guess that the winning bid would be between £500 and £750, and pray that you don't get a non-paying bidder, who just bids to see what the price would go up to, or which there are two many on Ebay at the moment.

Reactions: Barnsleyrob

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
One can set a reserve price, some simply list it starting at a £1 and hope it fetches good price.
Only accept cash, buyer collects . Don't allow a test ride unless collateral is left, an expensive i phone or such may be good collateral.

Reactions: Barnsleyrob

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
I've seen the 2020 version now selling new as a clearance model for just over the £1000 mark - now the 2021 version has become available. The newer 2021 version is lighter with new spoked rather than cast wheels. It's likely to dent what you might have hoped to achieve in resale value.

Barnsleyrob

Pedelecer
Jul 20, 2020
Yes, I agree the new model will have impacted the resale of the 2020 model and know from PXing cars that condition doesn’t add value (only reduce it when it’s below expectations).
My main concerns are a ride away or subsequent theft which is really why it’s a soft sale until later in the year. As mentioned elsewhere, I’ll chuck in the extra battery for a forum member.

Hasan

Just Joined
May 20, 2021
I really like this bike. Just so annoying that warranty isn't transferable, this would have around 1.5yrs left. They are so expensive! I would still have a second hand mirider over a new onebot because UK based help.

I've had my eye on this model for a while. The 2021 is supposedly better motor in terms of torque and efficiency (quoted 40 miles as opposed to 30), but personally I liked the mag wheels better than spokes. Plus it will cost me less and that's important because of my small budget. I've been pondering whether to show interest in this ad or go for the 2021 instead, which has the warranty and I could afford by 0% finance methods some dealers accept, and pay it over time.

Realistically what's the lowest you'd want to sell for? I'm in West Yorkshire so not too far away from Barnsley

Barnsleyrob

Pedelecer
Jul 20, 2020
What’s your best offer ?

Although MiRider won’t formally transfer the warranty, they have said they’ll fully support any new owner and, to be honest, their support has been first class when I’ve contacted them with questions. Mine will also come complete with a second battery [which cost £200] for forum members.

The mag wheels are heavier than spoked wheels but you don’t have the hassle of spoke tensioning which is something that has already needed attention on my new bike.