Monsoon Summer

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
Monsoon summer, now hurricane - Maggie !!:mad::confused: WHAT NEXT??

Davanti

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 10, 2012
Monsoon summer, now hurricane - Maggie !!:mad::confused: WHAT NEXT??
Never mind WHAT NEXT ! How come I missed the previous hurricane ... LYNDA ???? :D

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Never mind WHAT NEXT ! How come I missed the previous hurricane ... LYNDA ???? :D
I must have missed Hurricane Linda too.........it is far too tempetuous down here to notice :D

Lynda :)

smudger1956

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2012
West London
OMG,:eek: I forgot about that, better batten down for a EARTH SHATTERING experience. Where is the best place to be abducted by UFO(s) ?:
Never mind all that abduction malarky...just make sure you are in a well stocked pub with real ale on the big day......:rolleyes:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Cheer up, June 1976 wasn't very nice either with a slight snowfall on the northern reaches of the M1 early in the month and the last rain recorded on the 19th.

But that instantly changed into the record breaking year of the long hot summer which still holds the record for the longest drought ever recorded for Britain. Temperatures then from the 20th June through to early September were over 80 degrees F every day.

Let's hope history repeats itself.

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
And i spent the whole six weeks of the summer holidays at newgale in wales in a pair of swimming trunks ( and a tshirt in the evening) oh to be 16 again

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
Cheer up, June 1976 wasn't very nice either with a slight snowfall on the northern reaches of the M1 early in the month and the last rain recorded on the 19th.

But that instantly changed into the record breaking year of the long hot summer which still holds the record for the longest drought ever recorded for Britain. Temperatures then from the 20th June through to early September were over 80 degrees F every day.

Let's hope history repeats itself.
Lets hope so...even the dog is refusing to go out today.

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
At that time, I was living in east Kent and developing an enjoyment of cricket. I distinctly remember a freak snow flurry around Maidstone in June but the previous year saw the cricket match between Essex and Kent interrupted by snow in Colchester. There was another match actually abandoned somewhere further north that day.

In the south, such conditions are rare but at the northernmost part of the realm, they only seem to have two seasons, winter and August! Blessed, therefore, are those who live in the home counties and all places south.

Indalo

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
At that time, I was living in east Kent and developing an enjoyment of cricket. I distinctly remember a freak snow flurry around Maidstone in June but the previous year saw the cricket match between Essex and Kent interrupted by snow in Colchester. There was another match actually abandoned somewhere further north that day.

In the south, such conditions are rare but at the northernmost part of the realm, they only seem to have two seasons, winter and August! Blessed, therefore, are those who live in the home counties and all places south.

Indalo
Yep. Buxton, 1975, June, Match abandoned due to snow.
I can see the ground from my office!

neptune

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2012
Boston lincs
That reminds me of when Sir Ronnie Corbett received his knighthood. He arrived at the palace riding on an Alsation , as he could not find a small enough horse . After the ceremony, Her Majesty ordered him a taxi .
Aparrently, she could not bring herself to turn a Knight out on a dog like that...

Davanti

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 10, 2012
... Blessed, therefore, are those who live in the home counties and all places south.

Indalo
Does "all places south" include Germany/Holland, which is where I was living/working in 1976 ... ?

Advertisers