Mornin" all

oldpeddler

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 11, 2013
Bristol
Let me introduce myself (was that a Stones line?). I'm a 68 year old living in Bristol with a dodgy knee. Parking and driving in this city has always been bad but it is getting a lot worse. The council are trying to encourage less cars into the city, if motorists blood pressures are anything to go by they are succeeding! I"ve joined the site after a couple of weeks browsing because I value user opinions before I commit to buy. I want a bike that will deal well with hills but also have a decent range to be able to get further afield. I hope anyone living in Bristol with an ebike would share their knowledge and expertise. Bristol is lucky in having some ebike shops and I'm going to visit today but there is a bewildering choice and any help would be appreciated! I hope when I've taken the plunge I can make an active contribution to the pedelecs forums. Thanks for reading.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
"please allow me to introduce myself ".....Sympathy for the Devil.........classic :)

Welcome to the forum oldpeddler.

You are indeed very lucky to live in Bristol, quite apart from your great traffic free cycle paths you also have a good choice of local e-bike shops.

If you get yourself along to Alistair of Atmosphere bikes you will get all the help and advice you need before purchasing your new bike.

Lots of great bikes out there, the only way to find out if a particular one suits you is to try them.

You are going to have such fun....enjoy and good luck.

Looking forward to hearing how you get on.

Lynda :)

D

Deleted member 4366

Atmosphere in Bristol have a nice choice of good climbers if your budget will stand it. Make sure that you test the bikes up a steep hill. It's the hills that sorts the eagles from the turkeys.
Most electric bikes will do about 20 to 25 miles in hilly terrain. How far do you want to go?
If your budget won't stretch as far as the bikes at Atmosphere, there are cheaper options from Kudos and Woosh, but they're new so we don't yet have confirmation yet that they do what the specification promises.

If you can get over to the Redbridge event in a few weeks, you should be able to try a huge range of bikes.