Mosso 29er 750w BBs02 first impressions

D

Deleted member 4366

I believe LiFePO4 charging cycle is a lot better. Mine from BMSB is still running strong after 4 years with total 14000 miles
That's only one characteristic though. What about size, weight, discharge rate and cost?

Your average 10ah LMC battery should do 800 cycles or more at say 30 miles per charge = 24,000 miles, so you've got a way to go yet before you can say yours is better (if yours is 10ah).

Reactions: patpatbut

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
Thanks for clarifying. Of course I prefer LMC in terms of weight and cost.

amigafan2003

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2011
Change the display to km/h and the wheel size to 16".

Limited speed is now 50mph (effectively unlimited as the BBS will never propel you to that speed, but my BBS02 will crack on at 40mph) and the display will still read correctly, except it'll show it in kmh - but 25km/h on the display will be 25mph in actual.

RUNFORFUN

Just Joined
Feb 20, 2015
@rippedupno1 . We are planning to order the same type of bicycle you bought the MOSSO 29er bafang BBS02 48V 750W. Is it possible to give an review so far about the bike. If the there are any problems and experiences.

RUNFORFUN

Just Joined
Feb 20, 2015
@rippedupno1, Thanks it will be helpful. We are planning to buy 3 pc, with the motor in front at same position as Cube 29" from same supplier (bigger ground clearance). He also recommends using the Panasonic battery, because it has better discharge performance than Samsung cell. What type do you use? The Bafang Mid-drive motor only has PAS sensor without torque sensor. Is any problem without torque sensor with smoothly gear shift?

rippedupno1

Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2013
Dudley,west midlands
Mosso 29er update as requested.
I have has the Mosso nearly a year now and have done 502.2 miles on it so far ,not a lot I know but it lives down at the lodge and only get used at the weekend.
It has absolutely been my best cycle purchase. To be honest I have spent the morning trying to think of anything that I don't like on it but Iam really struggling to think of anything with the exception of the rear mudguard that came with the kit that just didn't fit. My 500 miles has been pretty much all small hilly lanes down by my lodge together with some light tracks and occasional farmers field to get to another track but no proper off roading as such.
Nothing has broken, it has performed faultlessly and still looks like new. As I said in my first impressions Iam still amazed how quiet the motor is especially compared to my Bosch powered BS10 which is by no means noisy. I have set the display up to have 9 assist levels and I tend to use between no5 and no7,i have the Samsung celled 11.6 battery and although I have only done 21 miles max on a journey it has never even used half the battery on the display so I would think that 45,maybe 50 miles would be doable.
The thing I found most surprising is how much I like having the thumb throttle, if you has asked me before I got the bike I would have said that I couldn't see the need for one but having had one I find it so useful for those quick junction exits and when you need that extra dab of speed instant speed without having to change the level setting. Speaking of the throttle, my BBs02 is set up so that max assistance level (9) gives around 60% of the motors full power and full 100% power comes from using the throttle, so as you can imagine using the throttle is a bit like having a supercharger switch, it just accelerates like a scalded cat even up the steepest hill I could find. I understand that you can get a lead for your computer that can reprogramme the software to give all of the assistance of the motor on whatever level you choose (D8veh/Trex are much more able to point you in the right direction here) I believe that the software was set to 60% full power on max assistance level in order to protect the motors internals long term as you only tend to use the throttle for short bursts (although I could be wrong)
One thing that I should mention as there has been considerable debate about the viability of using powerful crank motors and the potential damage/unreliability/noisy to chains and sprockets. The Mosso has been perfect in this regard, no chain wear, no sprocket wear and beautiful snick, snick gear changes even under full power ,I even went out to test after a PM request and did a full uphill level 9 and full throttle with me out of the saddle really pushing hard up changes and it just snicked up and down the same as if I was on the flat level 1.compare that to my BS10 which throws off its chain at the first hint of a power upshift it is beautiful by comparison. Whether or not I have been lucky to have a really good one I don't know I can only speak as I find and Martin @ onbike ,whose judgment I trust , has had a good look and a ride on it was properly impressed.
As I said in the first impressions the system does not shut off as instantly as the Bosch system but I have got used to just touching the brake and the system then cuts straight away and I don't find it a bother going from on system to the other.
Cant really think of much more to say and having just read through the above I realise it sounds a bit gushing but I can only speak from my experience and having got an (expensive) German Kalkhoff Bs10 to compare it with I would defiantly take the Mosso every day of the week if I could only have one !
Hope this has helped but if you need any further information please Pm me and I will be happy to help.
Cheers Gaz.

big_gems

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 21, 2013
Thank you for your review, really helping me try to make my mind up, any thoughts on difference between this and the cube version?

I am looking for an easy commuter, not so much an off roader, does this seller do such a bike or would I be better with the Kalkhoff. Thank you for your help

Advertisers