My e-bike has given me freedom!

Tony R

Just Joined
Sep 23, 2015
I started riding again aged 75, mainly offroad, but found that I still had strength but not the "puff" I used to have 60 years ago. Cycle Seahaven had loan of some e-bikes, and I was hooked. I bought my own Cube Reaction 29er with Bosch motor. It is amazing! I can climb the steepest hills on to the Downs and plough through mud and gravel with no sweat. The only problem so far I experienced this morning when, on a couple of occasions, the pedals "locked up". Back pedalling released the problem and the last 10 miles were OK. But I am worried that this may be the start of an ongoing problem. Anyone experienced this?

Reactions: Wingreen

Tony R

Just Joined
Sep 23, 2015
I started riding again aged 75, mainly offroad, but found that I still had strength but not the "puff" I used to have 60 years ago. Cycle Seahaven had loan of some e-bikes, and I was hooked. I bought my own Cube Reaction 29er with Bosch motor. It is amazing! I can climb the steepest hills on to the Downs and plough through mud and gravel with no sweat. The only problem so far I experienced this morning when, on a couple of occasions, the pedals "locked up". Back pedalling released the problem and the last 10 miles were OK. But I am worried that this may be the start of an ongoing problem. Anyone experienced this?
More additional than reply. Looking at other forums, it seems the problem is "chain suck". I had been through half a mile of virtually unrideable Weald Clay mud churned up by horses and heavy rain.