my hub drive problems

sahin turan

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 7, 2021
merhaba 1500 watt motor aldım ve carraro bisiklet bağladım. İki hafta çalıştıktan sonra motora gaz verdiğimde tekerleği bisikletten ayırıyor. Bu konuda tecrübesi olan var mı?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Tercüme /Translation:

"hello, I bought a 1500 watt motor and connected a carraro bike. After two weeks of running, when I accelerate the engine, it separates the wheel from the bike. Anyone have experience on this?"

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Possible three issues here.
1.Drop outs are now snapped/broken.
2. No torque arms fitted, requires one on each side .
3. Drop outs also not filed deeper in the first place.

Drop outs need solution 2 & 3 as the minimum.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Do you mean the wire from the motor? If this is broken or damaged you will need a new motor and don't forget the torque arms and filing the dropouts.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I suspect the controller is also damaged, when the wheel span out it is likely the motor wires shorted when they broke.
It is possible to re wire with a new motor wire but one will have to open the hub and do a bit of work and soldering to repair.

The bike axles are for 9mm QR ones and the motor hub axle is 14mm deep, so it is 5mm over all deeper. The axle will need to sit deeper in the drop outs by at least 2.5 - 3mm or at least all of the flat side of the axle needs to be sat in the drop outs.

sahin turan

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 7, 2021
Tatmin edici açıklama için teşekkür ederiz. Bisiklet servisine gittim ve onlara dokunmadığımızı söylediler. Açıkçası bahsettiğiniz işlemi nerede yaptırabilirim bilmiyorum.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
With ebike hub motors one has to learn to do his own repairs, in the UK if someone is stuck then Woosh bikes might offer a repair. Most bike shops haven't a clue how to repair an e bike and the ones who sell big brand names are worst of all as they don't know how fault find a problem, the machine has to do it for them.

lightning

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2022
1500 watts, good grief that's not an ebike it's an electric motorcycle

Not surprising it's pulled the wheel out of the drop outs as the motor is probably six times the designed power limit of the bike.