NCM/Leon Bikes.

KevinD53

Pedelecer
Apr 7, 2021
This is the time line for the month delay for delivery of my NCM Moscow Plus.

Bike ordered and paid for on the 15/4/21.

Arrived 20/4/21

Notified Leon Bikes battery not operational 20/4/21

New battery promised on 21/4/21

Battery promised before my holiday starting 04/05/21 on the 24/4/21 or full refund would be granted.

Battery promised “late next week” Plus cycle rack and light kit as compensation on 29/4/21. First mention of special package for battery delivery in this email.

30/4/21 I informed Leon I would be on holiday next week and would therefor be unable to take delivery of the battery. Leon confirmed by return email on the same day.

8/5/21 I confirmed to Leon I had returned from holiday and was available to receive the replacement battery.

10/5/21 Leon confirmed again they had the battery in their UK warehouse but are now waiting for the special package required to ship the battery. I had been told this package had been ordered on the 29/4/21.

13/5/21. Leon promised me the battery will be shipped to me next.

Same day I asked Leon what next meant.

14/5/21 packaging has now arrived but the warehouse are unable to ship until they have finished “professional training” next week. Battery promised late next week.

Apart from the obviously untested battery the bike is very nice. Whenever I do eventually get a battery I think I will get to love it lots.
What I won’t get to love is the lying bastards at Leon Bikes who obviously try and bulshit their way out of any adverse situation they can.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Very much sounds like Leon cycles are pulling the wool.
One is within his rights to demand a full refund hopefully you paid by card, if so contact the card issuer.

jokskot

Pedelecer
Jul 14, 2018
This is the time line for the month delay for delivery of my NCM Moscow Plus.

Bike ordered and paid for on the 15/4/21.

Arrived 20/4/21

Notified Leon Bikes battery not operational 20/4/21

New battery promised on 21/4/21

Battery promised before my holiday starting 04/05/21 on the 24/4/21 or full refund would be granted.

Battery promised “late next week” Plus cycle rack and light kit as compensation on 29/4/21. First mention of special package for battery delivery in this email.

30/4/21 I informed Leon I would be on holiday next week and would therefor be unable to take delivery of the battery. Leon confirmed by return email on the same day.

8/5/21 I confirmed to Leon I had returned from holiday and was available to receive the replacement battery.

10/5/21 Leon confirmed again they had the battery in their UK warehouse but are now waiting for the special package required to ship the battery. I had been told this package had been ordered on the 29/4/21.

13/5/21. Leon promised me the battery will be shipped to me next.

Same day I asked Leon what next meant.

14/5/21 packaging has now arrived but the warehouse are unable to ship until they have finished “professional training” next week. Battery promised late next week.

Apart from the obviously untested battery the bike is very nice. Whenever I do eventually get a battery I think I will get to love it lots.
What I won’t get to love is the lying bastards at Leon Bikes who obviously try and bulshit their way out of any adverse situation they can.
This seems typical of the service provided by Leon UK, whereas I, and other contributors to this site, have received excellent service from the German parent company.
I'm sure once you get the issues sorted out you will be impressed by the bike and its performance.

KevinD53

Pedelecer
Apr 7, 2021
This seems typical of the service provided by Leon UK, whereas I, and other contributors to this site, have received excellent service from the German parent company.
I'm sure once you get the issues sorted out you will be impressed by the bike and its performance.
Realy? My contact is Chinese I got the distinct impression Leon UK, Leon Germany, Leon USA, Leon Timbucktoo. Are one and the same apart from web addresses. And all located in downtown Beijing.
If they managed their subcontractors in a decent manner I wouldn’t have a problem with that. I do have a problem with their current **** you attitude though.

Last edited:

KevinD53

Pedelecer
Apr 7, 2021
I’m still waiting for this cowboy outfit (Leon) to get me a working bike
An email to the German parent produced a “we can’t find your details, please talk to Leon UK. Reply.
So much for the wonderful German efficiency.
God I’m hacked of with this pisspoor service.

MontyPAS

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2020
Instigate a chargeback through your credit card company!
With respect blowing steam on a forum will not get either a working battery or your money back!
Maybe it will deter others from a purchase from the aforementioned "shysters"

• Agree
Reactions: Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Agree with Monty if one isn't happy with the service or product and a company are dragging their feet or putting up barriers then speak to the card provider for a refund.
Annoyingly as it is, it is better to have your refund and start the process again with vendors who are recommended.

Reactions: MontyPAS

DBye

Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2016
How frustrating. I have one of these bikes, bought from ebay. I've dealt with the German branch due to a failed charger. The bike is great. What a shame Leon UK do not appear to want your custom or to make a good impression.

MontyPAS

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2020
TBH, prior to purchase from a UK supplier. I always check out the "contact us" options on the website.
If there is no telephone support / number it makes me VERY wary. Leon Cycles appears to be one of these?

It is so easy for companies to hide behind non existent email support

MontyPAS

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2020
Might get a result if the O/P vents some steam on here:

Nobody likes bad publicity?

KevinD53

Pedelecer
Apr 7, 2021
How frustrating. I have one of these bikes, bought from ebay. I've dealt with the German branch due to a failed charger. The bike is great. What a shame Leon UK do not appear to want your custom or to make a good impression.
I dropped a clanger there. I saw the number on their UK Facebook page and thought OK that’s good. When I looked again about 4 weeks ago I realised it’s a German number.
Thanks for the link in your next post, I’ve posted the time line of the order on there. I’ve been honest as well. A bit of creative editing could have made it sound much worse.

KevinD53

Pedelecer
Apr 7, 2021
Might get a result if the O/P vents some steam on here:

Nobody likes bad publicity?
Ha ha.
Within half an hour of posting mo order timeline on that link I got a call from Leon’s people who look after the UK. Battery promised within 5 full working days

Reactions: DBye

MontyPAS

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2020
Ha ha.
Within half an hour of posting mo order timeline on that link I got a call from Leon’s people who look after the UK. Battery promised within 5 full working days
Nice one. Glad you got some movement.
If it doesn't happen update the time line to reflect their poor service on facebook