need some info

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
1: can anyone here tell me what sealant do I use when I replace side covers on motor to stop water getting in

2: if I fit a thumb throttle with battery indicator and a key. where do all the wires go, I know the 3 black, red, and green are for throttle, but I believe there are 2 more wires blue and yellow where do you attach those

Last edited:

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
1: can anyone here tell me what sealant do I use when I replace side covers on motor to stop water getting in

2: if I fit a thumb throttle with battery indicator and a key. where do all the wires go, I know the 3 black, red, and green are for throttle, but I believe there are 2 more wires blue and yellow where do you attach those

3: what's best way to join hall sensor wires at motor end, to cable, I am thinking of soldering them and shrink wrap each wire. But have been told to use these below, but it would mean 5 and don't have that much room in motor, plus don't know if these will hold wires tight. they are really meant for phone wires.

These crimps are designed to join 0.5mm telephone wire, which is an industry standard telephone cable.

It can be used indoors or outdoors as the waterproof jelly stops the connection from corroding. They are better than screw terminals and don't affect your broadband signal.
No. 3, solder, shrinkwrap and secure from the moving parts.
Good luck!

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I used plain silicone sealant (clear) between controller and motor (bbs01b), a thin layer. I've read somewhere one sould use acid free, not sure that mine was.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
I used plain silicone sealant (clear) between controller and motor (bbs01b), a thin layer. I've read somewhere one sould use acid free, not sure that mine was.

Would this do

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Would this do

That looks safer than the bog standard rubbish I used, but I just had a very fiddly rubber gasket which simply needed help fixing in place.

Says it's safe for metal? Wait for a few more replies before you buy it, in case someone else knows of a more suitable sealant.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Would this do

That looks safer than the bog standard rubbish I used, but I just had a very fiddly rubber gasket which simply needed help fixing in place.

Says it's safe for metal? Wait for a few more replies before you buy it, in case someone else knows of a more suitable sealant.

Well, I've ordered some. Cheers!

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
No. 3, solder, shrinkwrap and secure from the moving parts.
Good luck!
It seems what this man is trying here is what the previous owner who had my moped was trying to do, as those 3 phase wires was joined at ends like you told me to do, and he is now separating them. so I will see how he gets on and where will he join the cable to unless the video stops before he does that