Help! Neighbor's Cats Spoiling My Garden!

WillisDare

Just Joined
Feb 13, 2024
Hello everyone, Recently I have been suffering a serious problem that is I cant stop the neighbor's cat from coming to my garden. Recently some neighbor's cats spoiled some saplings and they used my garden as a toilet. I dont know to stop them. Does anyone have any ideas about this?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
land mines :D

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Hello everyone, Recently I have been suffering a serious problem that is I cant stop the neighbor's cat from coming to my garden. Recently some neighbor's cats spoiled some saplings and they used my garden as a toilet. I dont know to stop them. Does anyone have any ideas about this?
Geese, aggressive, territorial, eat slugs, and quite interesting. Also baby hamsters

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Tiger pee sourced from the zoo nearby did the trick, according to the other allotment plot holders. Never got around to trying it myself, and I've moved away since then. Scares the bejesus out of cats does tiger pee, apparently. Also tiger poo. Also tiger poo. They knew a guy.

You can cut the bottoms off 2ltr drink bottles to make small protective greenhouses for saplings. Leave the lids off. Or make fences using bamboo and netting, cats will be put off even if they're not high (fences, not the cats [unless you plant catnip]).

Lay down semi-permeable membrane and cut out circles for the saplings, minimising cat digging area. Once one cat marks their terrirory using pee and poo, others will follow, leading to conflict.

Also, if your garden has ever had rats or mice pee over it, cats will never stay away because it becomes valuable real estate, leading to cat pee, poo and conflicts as they all claim it as their own; horrible injuries and fights to the death.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
You can protect dugup cleared soil area from cats by stretching out netting over it, using stakes, held above the soil a few inches. The more adventurous cats might sit on the netting, but they can't dig to poo.

Very large water bottles with their bases cut off, also make good mini greenhouses. If it's too hot inside, simply cut small holes into the side. Ideally too small for very small cats to get through and take a poo.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I solved that problem with all the neighbours cats long ago, they are all so terrified of me that they flee the moment they glimpse my presence.

That was achieved with each one simply by opening the back door and running agressively directly at them with thundering footsteps, pursuing them to the limit of out of sight.

Now even if I'm a little away from home and one spots me, they immediately run with all their hair standing on end, obviously terrified. It's rather funny really because I would never harm one. It's just a simple psychological way of getting rid of the problem without actually hurting them.

Advertisers