Neophyte looking to learn.

appyarry

Pedelecer
Mar 16, 2015
Lyminge, Kent
After taking two years and being very unsure about a Pedelec, I have decided it is time I built one. I have looked at and test ridden Kudos bikes (and they were very good) and never getting to ride a Kalkhoff (though I think it would be dangerous for my wallet if I did) I have finally decide to damn the expense and build my own. I have a Trek 7100 FXY05 and I'm hoping to convert this to a crank drive system. I live at the top of a hill in Kent about 10 minutes from the Channel Tunnel so it needs to be a good hill climber. I don't mind if the device is not road legal as I will use it off road but only on green lanes, nothing too exhaustive, When I do use it on the road I certainly won't be riding it at any great speed I don't go much over 20 mph nowadays unless it is a exceptionally good road.

Any Advice welcome.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
dead easy recipe: fit a BBS01 and a downtube bottle battery.
Takes two hours, the kit costs about £600-£650.

appyarry

Pedelecer
Mar 16, 2015
Lyminge, Kent
Thanks for the positive replies. I will finish of my Lambretta 200 rebuild (the latest parts have just arrived) and the Trek is next into the Garage. I'm looking for the best deal ATM and I'll use a Lithium battery with 17ah if I can get one to fit nicely, preferably under the cross bar.

VMT,