new 2017 bike pics

simonbike

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 1, 2016
london
2017 bikes looking good, more battery integration,..integration of motor and battery is so much improved , i might hold off buying, give me more time to save up so less finance needed..man wish i was rich..lol......anyone know when the 2017 bikes will drop???late 2016??

mab13

Pedelecer
Jun 23, 2015
Peak District
What are Lapierre thinking with that battery placement? Not the beautiful lines I expect of a Lapierre bike...

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

simonbike

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 1, 2016
london
just took the specialized turbo levo fsr expert 6fattie out for a quick test, love the big but the clown tyres are a real turn off..what do people think of these fatty tyres????

nemesis

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2011
The full suspension 2017 KTM KAPOHO is awesome looking,probably with a price to match.

paul20v

Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2015
That cannondale is bloody horrible ,
Each to there own and all that and what a place too put a battery right in the firing line of every rock going ,
There is some tidy bikes there thou .

• Agree
Reactions: EddiePJ

mab13

Pedelecer
Jun 23, 2015
Peak District
just took the specialized turbo levo fsr expert 6fattie out for a quick test, love the big but the clown tyres are a real turn off..what do people think of these fatty tyres????
I missed this post of yours. I've recently bought the Levo 6Fattie HT... and I absolutely love the plus size tyres.

There are only a few models in 2016 from any of the manufacturers which come in plus size, but I'm pretty confident there will be many more in the 2017 offerings.

The tyres themselves are confidence inspiring, work really well with heavy eMTBs, offer additional comfort over their smaller and less voluminous counterparts... overall, I can't see me considering a bike in the future that doesn't come in a plus size setup.

What did you think of them performance wise? And why were they a turn off?

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
The Cannondale has a very stupid battery position, which is going to catch every bit of crud and crap going.

The Centurion has poor suspension linkage design, that leaves two bolt heads impossible to check as part of regular maintenance.

The Trek Powerfly, has cables poorly routed, and are likely to snag up on the first bit of under growth.

The Lapierre looks as though the design team misunderstood the design brief and opted to keep the dustbin, and threw away the bike. 10 out of 10 for the worst looking bike ever.

Last edited:
Reactions: soundwave

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
The Lapierre looks as though the design team misunderstood the design brief and opted to keep the dustbin, and throwing away the bike. 10 out of 10 for the worst looking bike ever.

its all carbon fibre and its 8 fkn grand ?????

see some have the new sram ex1 but not the sram eagle 12 spd on any of them yet.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
got 12spd now best i seen so far of the 2017 bikes ;)

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Last edited:

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
I know it's each to there own, but I just can't get my head around why anyone wants a carbon e-bike just to shave 1kg of a 20kg bike or am I missing something.

• Agree
Reactions: chris130256

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
id never have one due to the cost and them things can flex and get major stone damage to the frame then its expensive to fix if riding hard off road or down hill.

yes you will save waight but there still to heavy anyway so carbon is just an expensive option.

also remember the stuff they use is not airspace quality and far from it and mostly made in china.

now if it was made from carbon titanium then id have one but not with a 50k price tag.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbotanium

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
this is the carbon lapp and can keep it at 8k

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you come off that going 30mph and crash you be taking it home in a bin bag if it starts flipping end over end.

and the batt is in the worst place possible for it to get covered in mud and in the batt connectors.

and it looks naff to boot lol

Related Articles

Advertisers