New Aggattu owner

tgame

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 6, 2007
Felixstowe
www.axst45.dsl.pipex.com
Well the deed is done - I have just ordered my new Aggattu from 50cycles. Gulp! All that now remains is to kill my bank manager and rob another bank. Small matters compared with making my bike choice.

I'm old and unfit - any thoughts or advice on how to get myself back into cycling condition with least pain gratefully welcomed.

I may do some sort of blog of my day to day experience. Where would it be best to put it do you think. Probably on my own web site - any suggestions as to software to do this also without pain?

Ye...HI...iii

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I get out of fitness from time to time Tony, and I've never found any other way than ride through the pain, reassured that each day it gets easier until it's not noticeable.

I use Wysiwyg Web Builder on my websites, and the free one lasts a few months before the pestering to upgrade finally results in it not working. Then it's less than £20 to buy the Pro version.

It's simplicity itself with not many restrictions, though like all such easy solutions, there's the odd compromise. Basically like using image insert and text boxes in a word processor, and you can add video, menus, downloads etc with ease.

prState

Pedelecer
Jun 14, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada
I'm old and unfit - any thoughts or advice on how to get myself back into cycling condition with least pain gratefully welcomed.
You can really dictate the amount of exercise you want to get without sacrificing riding distance (unless possibly you have a whole lot of hills)

On level ground and many elevations even, the bike should go forward even with a fairly light touch to the pedals. In fact, it's interesting to get an idea on how easy it is to get moving by seeing at first how lightly you can engage the pedals and start riding.

I'm speaking from experience with the Lafree, but it should be pretty much the same or better.

Bikerbob

Pedelecer
May 10, 2007
Isle of Man
I think it is one of the huge advantages of electric bikes that you can start off by letting the motor do a large part of the work and then, as you get fitter, turn the power level down a bit and do a greater proportion yourself. You'll be fine!

tgame

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 6, 2007
Felixstowe
www.axst45.dsl.pipex.com
Thanks Bob. Actually I had half intended another approach. I had thought to ride out a few miles and as and if the need arose, use the power to get home. It is likely to be a sort of safety net that allows me to go off without bothering constantly about how to get home. Certainly it will allow me to experiment which will be so welcome. Wonder when it will come?

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
I think it is one of the huge advantages of electric bikes that you can start off by letting the motor do a large part of the work and then, as you get fitter, turn the power level down a bit and do a greater proportion yourself. You'll be fine!
yer i agree with this, i let the motor do the first 20 miles and then its all me...well its 50 yards to home by then...:D

Advertisers