New and nervous

Staffordshirehills

Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2014
I'm sorry about the delay in saying thank you to everyone for your time. It sounds like the trek is a no go, which means the forum has already saved me time and money. Croxten, going up the moor will be a definite for me so it will need to tackle the hills. D8ve, I'm guessing I'd be in the no Lycra brigade by your description so I'll have to trial a few to get the feel. Has anyone tried the cytronex system as I can't see much about it? Thanks again.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Well if you are going for the not fit and want a bike to get you around then the budget bike was a whoosh. Almost any bike will carry you 10 miles out and back.

It's up to you what you want just remember to test the bike with the power turned off. Yes off to find out what it would be like with flat battery and how hard the bike has to work to move itself.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs

Staffordshirehills

Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2014
Just following some of the links and spotted a Roodog, which seems quite a light bike for the money. I noticed someone on the forum purchased one but then went quiet - anyone given them a try?

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
D8ve, am hoping to do more than 10 mile returns with a battery under my legs :)
If you are up for more than 10 miles each way I would have classed you as Lycra or a cyclist. Few people do more than 5 miles on a bike at all. Doing 20 miles a day is over 4,000 a year that is generally considered serious cycling.
It must keep you fit.;)

Staffordshirehills

Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2014
Lol - who said daily? It will need to be a car back up though. At the moment my most frequent use is to bike to my mates for a take out with a bottle of wine! Funny, I don't notice the journey home so much ;-)

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
I do regular 20 mile days. Am known as a cyclist and have only just hit the 1000 mile mark this year.
But I am getting fitter and may do a few longer runs soon.

Any over 20 mile runs are unusual. Regular over that are serious cycling time.