New bloke

Jay Russell

Pedelecer
Dec 26, 2015
Pennine West Yorkshire
Hello all.
Up until last week I didn't really know anything about electric bikes. Then I got an email from Orbea trying to sell me one of theirs.

I've ridden an Orbea hybrid non-electric for a long time and they've sent me many emails but if never noticed they made electric bikes before.

Since then I've read all I can about them, bike shops pages, manufacturers, this site.

Next stop is trying and hiring but I like the idea greatly!

Ideally I'll use it to commute to work, it's not a long journey but there's a bloody great hill on my way and I don't like arriving sweaty, cleaning up and then getting my suit on.

I also cycle for fun so to have a bike to take on longer rides, or just hillier rides would be great.

Jay

OldBob1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2012
Staffordshire
Hi Jay and welcome to the forum, as I always suggest to people finding the e-bike experience, just go out and try as many as you can and types. then come back to the forum and ask away.
The grin is free of charge;)

Jay Russell

Pedelecer
Dec 26, 2015
Pennine West Yorkshire
Got my hands on an e bike for the first time today. A KTM in a shop in Durham. Guy there was really helpful and gave me a lot to think about.
Shame it was too windy to go for a spin.

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
Got my hands on an e bike for the first time today. A KTM in a shop in Durham. Guy there was really helpful and gave me a lot to think about.
Shame it was too windy to go for a spin.
Welcome.
If you live in Co Durham I have a couple of bikes you can try out if we ever get a decent day.
I have a Cannondale Trail 6 with a BBS02 on and a Trek fs mtb with a Dillenger front hub and 10Ah battery.
The Trek is for sale if you like it at £500 & its only got 500 miles on the clock.
Its currently fitted with road tyres but has a set of knobblies that come with it as well.