New boy

Rockape

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 2, 2019
Dorking
Hello all, I am a motorcyclist and have got fed up with the restrictions of off roading. I also want to hear, feel and experience the outdoors without the pain and heavy breathing of a mountain bike.

I purchased one of these31925

Unfortunately the rear battery is passed its best

Has anyone got any experience of this A2B bike and can recommend a lighter more cheaper alternative battery.

Thanks for looking.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

they custom make ebike batts to any size shape ect.

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Hi welcome

Hope you get your battery sorted soon and you can then enjoy the experience

Rockape

Sep 2, 2019
Dorking
Thanks, I have learnt a lot since joining and reading the forum and other posts on this site which has made me aware of how much i do not know.

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
More work foe Jimmy at Insat international. He will arrange courier pick, recell it and courier it back to you,

Probably looking in the region of £250

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The battery uses comms with the controller, so Jimmy might not be able to deal with that. If there's any problem with that circuit board (BMS), you'll have to get a genuine replacement if you can. When you speak with Jimmy, make sure that you mention that it has comms otherwise you might both be wasting your time.

Rockape

Sep 2, 2019
Dorking
The battery uses comms with the controller, so Jimmy might not be able to deal with that. If there's any problem with that circuit board (BMS), you'll have to get a genuine replacement if you can. When you speak with Jimmy, make sure that you mention that it has comms otherwise you might both be wasting your time.
Thanks for that, but what does comms mean.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Thanks for that, but what does comms mean.
It means the battery has software a bit like Bosch etc,etc that communicates (handshakes) with the charger, bikes controller and possibly the display, if this handshaking doesn't occur the bike doesn't work and the battery will not charge.
Other wise known as a closed system.

Rockape

Sep 2, 2019
Dorking
That is bad news. I have the hardware the bike, surely a different style of battery with the same connections, cannot be that difficult to match up. I do not want to be restricted to an A2B battery costing £500.00. I suspect i have been sold a lemon.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If it is a closed system then any battery can be made to work but will mean a new controller and display combo, a crappy combo is about £30 a good combo £60 - £100.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Those A2B motors have the controller in the motor. It's a big job to rip it all out and wire in an external one. If you have the skills and motivation, it's probably worth doing. Here's a thread about it. I'd go up to 48V for a nice balance of speed, torque and efficiency.