new ebike for leisure on road and dirt track

chris1972

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 9, 2013
Hi I'm thinking of getting a e-bike for leisure on mostly flat roads dirt tracks and maybe some steep stuff latter on and was wandering if anyone has any thoughts are has got one of the following bikes
Pro rider e voyager has some good reviews and is made in dusseldof Germany.
Woosh sport not sure got some good reviews but it does look a bit on the ugly side and what their build quilt is like not sure.
And then there's the cyclotricity revolver nice and lite but has a thumb throttle so sounds like they have skimped on the equipment though these get good reviews too and its better looking than the woosh.
Any ideas or ulternitives in the £550-£650 price range.

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
WELCOME TO FORUM, Woosh Ugly!?! Hattie I expect would like to think it as a blank canvas, but it is regarded as good value, I own a Kudos Sport, a real fun bike, reliable and that is going for about £650, also a good value bike and many more to consider.

Last edited:

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
And then there's the cyclotricity revolver nice and lite but has a thumb throttle so sounds like they have skimped on the equipment though these get good reviews too and its better looking than the woosh.
Any ideas or ulternitives in the £550-£650 price range.
When I joined this forum asking for advice a thumb throttle was recommended for off road use (thanks Alex).
This proved to be spot on for me, I'm sure a twist throttle would have been more difficult to use on bumpy surfaces.
I don't think its a "cheap" option just a personal choice.
My DIY kit is Cyclotricity, seems to be good quality, well put together and apparently the same as they use on their own bikes.
Dave.

Ettica

Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2008
Heskin Lancashire
I have the cyclotricity Stealth, use it to commute to work. Went via the canal today. Flying along in the high teens on gravel and dry compacted earth mainly. Great fun.
I put a sprung seat post on it with a softer saddle for my derrier,
Off road fun with comfort?
Is that wrong? :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
Regretfully,the Kudos Sport is now sold out....188 units out there....the closest replacement is the Kudos Cobra bike.
KudosDave
I noticed that the Kudos sport has been removed fron the Kudos listings, has the model been discontinued or are you planning to restock?