New ebike

HPA

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 30, 2013
Hi,

I want to buy an electric bike to commute (2 x 15 mi). Now I often take a race bike, but I want to be faster at work (and home :) ). I was looking for an electric race bike, but the 25k/h are hard to find, so now I am between the Cube Reaction Hybrid MTB's.
What is the difference between the power pack 400 Performance and the 400 Active?
The guy in the bike shop suggests the SUV hybrid 29. Is this one ok for me, or should I spent some more money for the Performance series?
There are a few hills on my way to work.

Paws

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 13, 2014
I have ordered Cube SUV Hybrid as well. Still waiting for it to be delivered since my local CUBE dealers are kind of slow.
As I see it this model should be great for commuting with nice components and slick Big apple tires. 29er should roll pretty fast as well.
Since my commuting (2 x 18 km) practically doesn't have climbs I'm pretty sure Active line is the good choice in my case (and cheaper).

Right now I'm theorycrafting if I'll be needing to deristrict my speed cap as there is only road stage for about 1/3 of the way. Although the rest is pavement and cycle routes where I could be tempted to go too fast for my & other people's security.

IMHO, I can't see the pros of going for motor assisted fast road bike (unrestricted) because they're easy enough to pedal on >25 km/h and not so hard to accelerate while the MTB hybrids (used for commuting) are probably more versatile in this scenario.

Last edited: