New kalkhoff impulse endeavor 350 w.

gerryscott

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2010
Hardly dropped, one light out and one blinking when put back on charge, told me I could go another 70 miles in Eco or 22 in top gear(sport and fast combined, turbo is last year, apparently, it maxes out with both sport and fast illuminated). It's the kiddo, I think, so does Lakeland, but of course I am new to this, but feel pretty rejuvenated again, I remember doing 25 mph on my old speedo on an old road bike, and thought that was my limit, but now 30 years on and I did 31.5 mph twice in separate bursts today. Next I'll be doing more sedate, my lovely's just ordered her Agattu i8 HS XXL, should be interesting to see how they compare, the impulse 1 and 2 side by side.
I must say the I2 is practically inaudible, which pleases me, as I was a bit concerned about how noisy it might be.

Tomorrow will be your turn! Do endeavour (!) to tighten the headset well, and also the mirror, which requires 2 keys, and one of the nuts is a reverse thread, as if you go a bit, these can slacken if not sufficiently tightened.

You'll also likely get a yellow plastic widget which I've no idea what is for, but someone will know! Also comes with a couple of what appear to be self adhesive fork side reflectors, but again I'm awaiting confirmation that this is what they're for. There's a bit of what I take to be back stay chain drop protector, which I think should go atop the rear frame beneath the upper run of the chain. Just a transparent film strip, hi alchemist, well the bike arrived, and the first thing that pleased me was the subdued colour of frame, last electric bike was snow white and brown, and it attracted too much attention.Did 16 miles and it is just perfect.I could quite happily keep it in eco all day, but nice to have the power when in the mood.Thought i might have to adjust things here and there,but everything was so smooth that nothing needs done,although the mirror was a bit of a pain,and changing saddle.Certainly the right choice of bike for me.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
You'll also likely get a yellow plastic widget which I've no idea what is for, but someone will know!
That will be the Magura Transport Device.

Also known as a bit of yellow plastic which you poke between the brake pads to stop them closing after you've taken a wheel out.

You are right in thinking a bit of lolly stick or folded cereal packet would do the job just as well.

Having said that, the Magura Transport Device is also said to function as a pad wear gauge, although I've not worked out how,

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Magura+transport+device&client=firefox-a&hs=ycb&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&channel=fflb&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=JM2QUuTwFcyXhQfbjoHABg&ved=0CE8QsAQ&biw=1194&bih=566#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=-xkJiqfEqFH8BM%3A;_Ryzc_nbsMYGcM;http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bike24.com%2Fi%2Fp%2F9%2F1%2F32619_00_c.jpg;http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bike24.com%2Fp232619.html;350;350

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Having said that, the Magura Transport Device is also said to function as a pad wear gauge, although I've not worked out how,
If the pad fits into the groove on the transport device ( under 2.5mm thick ), the pad should be replaced.

Alchemist

Pedelecer
Mar 21, 2014
There you go, there's always someone who know what the widget is for!

Many thanks for the heads up!

Partner just took delivery of her Agattu today, so we'll be among the peleton ere long!!

Cheers

gerryscott

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2010
There you go, there's always someone who know what the widget is for!

Many thanks for the heads up!

Partner just took delivery of her Agattu today, so we'll be among the peleton ere long!!

Cheers
hi alchemist, just conditioned my battery, by running it right down untill last light was flashing,overall mileage was about 50+ and that was using a lot of power setting.really impressed with bike, like the subdued colour, does not attract attention as my last one-snow white and brown colour.I can certainly do some long distance touring with this bike just keeping it in eco and sport

Alchemist

Pedelecer
Mar 21, 2014
Yeah, just superb, certainly no regrets here! Can't wait to get a bit more time to use it, but summer is a-coming soon!

ATBATB

Kenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2007
West of Scotland
Just wondering how you guys are getting on with your new Endeavors.

The large battery and good a to b review has me seriously considering an upgrade.

Alchemist

Pedelecer
Mar 21, 2014
I haven't had the pleasure of trying anything else, but I'd have absolutely no hesitation in recommending the Endeavour, it is just a great bike IMO, and there's bags of autonomy, covered +40 km oer hill & dale here the other day, with juice still left in the battery, has really turned me back on to cycling. Now looking to fit a Thudbuster stem for the benefit of my backside when on the stony metalled byways. The shift sensor is great, enabling smooth gear changes.

You could perhaps fit a dongle though, and get nearly the same benefit, and the 17aH battery should fit your bike too if it's powered by an Impulse 1?

Kenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2007
West of Scotland

You could perhaps fit a dongle though, and get nearly the same benefit, and the 17aH battery should fit your bike too if it's powered by an Impulse 1?
Cheers Alchemist.
My ProConnect is a 2008 vintage so has the previous Panasonic drive system with a different battery.

Think I'll arrange a test ride in Edinburgh before I make up my mind.

Unless any members nearer Greenock could give me a try :)

Advertisers