Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs

SRS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 30, 2012
South Coast
As always with anything like this the word "Fine" is always present and stands out.

Whilst I agree that additional safety devices may help, why is that hard working businesses are forced to take on additional and unforeseen vehicle expenses part way through the vehicles working life. It's happened with the so called low emission zone and now this.

People and businesses buy these vehicles as road going and legal machines, suddenly they become subject to fines if they are used.

It's bull. If the things were a danger in the first place, they should not have been allowed on the road on day one.

Apply the new devices to new vehicles by all means but leave the current vehicles as they are.

Businesses have to add huge premiums for providing goods and services in London as it is, this will only make matters worse.

Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I agree with SRS. Also, as I posted recently, the majority of the deaths are female, 3 out of 4 deaths so far this year again, despite them being very much in the minority in cycling in London.

Simple logic is that this is nothing to do with the trucks, they don't select victims by gender.

I don't expect this will make any difference, the deaths will continue unitl the real causes are dealt with.

Advertisers