New system could prevent battery theft

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
There were some details about this in the computer press a little while ago, but the capacity possibilities look rather low for our purposes. It may suit portable devices from music players through to netbooks and low drain notebook computers eventually.

CeeGee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 4, 2009
Weybridge, UK
There were some details about this in the computer press a little while ago, but the capacity possibilities look rather low for our purposes. It may suit portable devices from music players through to netbooks and low drain notebook computers eventually.
Come on - don't be negative. ;)
It will just be necessary to wear about 20 layers of full body clothing to travel a couple of miles. :D
There seems to be a "new" type of battery construction every week, one of them must work eventually. Possibly turning the human body into a battery so that you can just plug yourself in when you get on the bike. :cool:

Colin

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Come on - don't be negative. ;)

Colin
Bearing in mind today's news on the upgrading of the terrorism threat to "serious" Colin, wearing this stuff could result in being shot as a precaution to protect the public.

On the basis that just being Brazilian is enough for that fate, electronic apparel will easily qualify. :eek:

CeeGee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 4, 2009
Weybridge, UK
Obviously a standard e-bike battery may not in fact be a battery, so anybody riding a bike with a bomb-like attachment should be shot - just in case. The battery clothing may not be noticed and, indeed, it could be made bullet proof.
I normally carry my camera equipment with me and occasionally point it at things. I am almost certain to be shot anyway if I dare to take a picture of some daffodils in Hyde Park, and generally one only needs to be hit by a volley of bullets at point-blank range once.

Colin

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I normally carry my camera equipment with me and occasionally point it at things. I am almost certain to be shot anyway if I dare to take a picture of some daffodils in Hyde Park,

Colin
How true! :(

Branwen

Pedelecer
Oct 2, 2007
Bearing in mind today's news on the upgrading of the terrorism threat to "serious" Colin, wearing this stuff could result in being shot as a precaution to protect the public.
I came back to my back - chained up next to Holyrood - to find two policemen trying to decide if the battery was an explosive device when I first got in back in 2003 and no one much had heard of electric bikes. I got a telling off instead.

eTim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 19, 2009
Andover, Hants.
Get with the program guys - you are so far behind the curve, the 'wearable' battery vest was invented around 25 years ago...

Attachments

CeeGee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 4, 2009
Weybridge, UK
Get with the program guys - you are so far behind the curve, the 'wearable' battery vest was invented around 25 years ago...
Now that is what I call a bomb waistcoat - I think I would shoot first and ask questions later if I saw that being worn.

Colin

Advertisers