new to e bikes advise please

D

Deleted member 4366

Woosh told me that they've run out of stock on the Big Bear and they've upped the Amps on the Big Bear ( by changing the BMS) on the next delivery end of this month. The BPM on the Big Bear is wound for 230 RPM.
Good info. Thanks. They must be selling well. If I could only have one bike, and it had to be OEM, I think that's the one I'd have. There's better bikes, but not if you're 100kg and not particularly fit.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
D8veh
I am looking forward to meeting you and having a go on your bike if possible. ( my wrist is still useless).

D

Deleted member 4366

I'll be very happy to meet you and let you try my bike. Saneagle will probably bring his too, so you can see what a BPM at 30 amps can do.

Just as an aside, we went down Ironbrdge today to test the bikes on all the steepest hills we could find including the mighty Lincoln Hill. Some of the climbs were over 30%. Lincoln Hill was the last one. Unfortunately, Saneagle melted his phase wires at the top, which caused them to short out, but the plucky little Xiongda just kept climbing. Luckily we were able to separate the congealed mass and insulate them enough to ride home. He made the mistake of going too slow to stay with me, which caused the overheating. Neither my motor nor controller were hardly warm after all that.

Reactions: Arbol

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
The subject between hub drive and crank drive seems a never ending argument. Kudos was set up to build all bikes with crank drive until the Bafang BPM motor came along,now I am convinced that hub drive with this motor is the best option,unless you are in an area with constant steep hills.
The BPM motor is so much simpler to live with,crank drive puts so much load into the chain that derailleur gears are difficult to change when loaded,the Nuvinci overcomes the problem but is expensive. even the expensive Bosch motor turns down the power when the system is highly loaded.
Jimod has a review on his new Kudos Typhoon on this forum,he lives in a particularly hilly part of Scotland. The Typhoon is the 29 version of the 26 Tornado. At £1095.00 the Kudos Tornado must be considered good value,it is now our top selling model.
KudosDave

Reactions: Arbol