New to E biking..

Jo Bian

Just Joined
Apr 9, 2023
Just bought a Analog Motion amx classic and I love it..my friend bought a e bike and when I went out riding , I couldn't keep up! Lol..so grudgingly I bought one ( a cheap bike, my friend has a volt bike not cheap ) never looked back..went on new cycle track yesterday between polegate and Lewes..went up to Bo Peep ( 620 foot ) then went over the field to Seaford and back to cycle path via Alfriston.. brilliant cycle day..if I had my Schwinn, just going up to Bo Peep would have destroyed me lol..E bikes rock...

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
Don't think so - second hand - I would assume the battery needs replacing and you would have to source a replacement battery if you can find one - reckon that would be another £300 - looks a bit limited range ? - might be quite a good donor bike for a conversion though ? Could keep the motor ? maybe the PAS and brake sensors too ?

peterjd

Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2019
Don't think so - second hand - I would assume the battery needs replacing and you would have to source a replacement battery if you can find one - reckon that would be another £300 - looks a bit limited range ? - might be quite a good donor bike for a conversion though ? Could keep the motor ? maybe the PAS and brake sensors too ?
Might have been interested if I hadn't recently bought a Decathlon in their sale (just under a £1000). But as you suggest it would be a gamble, although replacing a battery with a generic (eg Yose), if necessary, I think could be cheaper than you suggest. Might be worth someone interested in or near London to go and have a look and perhaps buy a selected one. If anyone does that it would be interesting to hear the outcome.