Newbe looking for good hints and tips

Phil180861

Just Joined
Jan 19, 2021
Hi just joined and have had my ebike for a year.Have travelled 2000 miles on it so far and want to double that for 2021!
Really interested in other NCM Venice Plus user to share experiences and expectations.
Also interested if anyone going for the London Brighton ride in September this year....would like to swap ideas as this will be my first try.
Not a very fit person but up for the training.
Lastly I am well into my bike gadgets,well all gadgets really but would love to hear about which are useful.

Raboa

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2014
I have these and find them comfortable:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
For the London - Brighton ride you don't need much too carry , the obvious is a spare tube and puncture kit & a few basic tools in case of a need to remove a wheel. A set of allen keys, a spanner, pump/Co2 inflator, spare chain & missing link & a set of spare brake pads are worth carrying. Other wise give the bike a good once over before the ride.
I ride a route Gatwick - Guildford - Shoreham/Brighton - Gatwick some 100 -106miles with no more then the listed items, a couple of bottles of fluid and some snacks.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
On my road bike, I use one of these. It's just big enough to fit a pump, tube, puncture repair kit and multi-tool. It conveniently is held in the bottle cage.

I never carry any tools or spares on my ebike. I used to, but don't have any reason to. Fit Schwalbe marathon Plus tyres to your bike and say goodbye to having to stop and repair stupid punctures, and goodbye to needing to carry all that repair stuff.

London to Brighton is only 64 miles- a day's ride. It's not like you're going on safari. I'd take a bar of chocolate and a can of lemonade to see me through a trip like that. You can always get a cup of tea and a nugget bar when you get to Brighton.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
For the London - Brighton ride you don't need much too carry , the obvious is a spare tube and puncture kit & a few basic tools in case of a need to remove a wheel. A set of allen keys, a spanner, pump/Co2 inflator, spare chain & missing link & a set of spare brake pads are worth carrying. Other wise give the bike a good once over before the ride.
I ride a route Gatwick - Guildford - Shoreham/Brighton - Gatwick some 100 -106miles with no more then the listed items, a couple of bottles of fluid and some snacks.
How often do you use those tools?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I have had the odd occasion when I'm glad to have had them, but sods law happens if I they aren't taken. The space they take up is minimal.

01wellsd

Pedelecer
Apr 30, 2020
Bristol
I have had the odd occasion when I'm glad to have had them, but sods law happens if I they aren't taken. The space they take up is minimal.
I'd say at the very least one of those cycling multi tool thingys.
I didn't think I'd need tools with a brand new bike.
On my first ride to work my saddle came loose where it attaches to the post. Trying to ride whilst also holding the saddle in place with clenched butt cheeks for 7 miles was difficult to say the least!

• :D
Reactions: Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I'd say at the very least one of those cycling multi tool thingys.
I didn't think I'd need tools with a brand new bike.
On my first ride to work my saddle came loose where it attaches to the post. Trying to ride whilst also holding the saddle in place with clenched butt cheeks for 7 miles was difficult to say the least!
Good for the muscles and toning !!!

• :D
Reactions: 01wellsd