Newbie about to hit the road

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
Soon I will be hitting the cycle lanes on my first e-bike, and i would like to be well armed with witty repostes to irate cyclist, as i breeze past with a air of superiority, and would be grateful for any contributions that members could share.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I do it apologetically, as they look surprised I just say "it's electric" with a smile. No point in raising ill feelings. :)

smudger1956

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2012
West London
I hope you will not be 'hitting the cycle lanes' in the literal sense....:D
Witty repostes -
One I cannot mention, as the page may be viewed by minors.....;)
'Good Morning/Evening as I cruise past'
'I'll switch it on in a minute....' ( that stumps them..):D
'It's a bit slow today, I should have charged it up a month ago'
' Do you need a license to wear apparel like that'
' it's amazing how well it goes on a PP3'

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
I do it apologetically, as they look surprised I just say "it's electric" with a smile. No point in raising ill feelings. :)
Politness is my middle name, I was refering to those cyclist who i have heard from other members that regard e-bike users as cheats etc, and would like to have something witty to reply back too.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Politness is my middle name, I was refering to those cyclist who i have heard from other members that regard e-bike users as cheats etc, and would like to have something witty to reply back too.
Oddly I never suffer those cyclists in my area. The only times I've heard a yell of cheating is from pedestrians, last time was from two little kids waiting at a bus stop!

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
People who shout 'Cheat' expect you to be on the defensive,
So, defeat them by replying, 'Yes, great isn't it'

Advertisers