Newbie from Aberdeenshire

ian2144

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 26, 2019
Hi guys,

I’m in my mid 60’s , thinking about moving onto an E bike. I have the usual issue with knees and back and probably don’t go out as often as I should, my current bike is mountain style although most of my riding is on single track roads with the occasional Forrest track.
I am no light weight at 16+ stone, I was wondering if this will affect the range ? Also battery life, how long do they last, 3 to 5 years or longer, I assume they will be taken back by the dealer and recycled?
I’ll work away with my bike for the rest of the summer, so probably looking for new e bike come Easter next year.
As for exactly what type and model I need I’m still unsure, I also hear they can be expensive about £2k

Cheers,
Ian....

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
How much you spend depends on what you expect from your bike. You can buy a perfectly adequate one for about £750 or get the perfect riding experience for £4,000. battery life depends on how much you use it. A general rule is 500 complete charges will take it down to about 80% capacity, then capacity accelerates downwards with further use.

ian2144

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 26, 2019
Thanks for the reply, I would say my budget will be about the £2k .

its Sorting out the good manufacturers from the not so good .

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Reactions: ian2144

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hi Ian,

take a look at the Woosh Big Bear, it could be perfect for you.
Long wheel base, nearly upright riding position, comfortable front suspension, excellent hydraulic brakes, motor good enough for 25st riders.

Reactions: ian2144