Newbie with a Woosh BPM conversion

MikeRo

Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2014
Maldon CM8
Hi all!

Thanks for all the great info on the forum, it's been a big help to me. I'm pretty new to the idea of ebikes- my decision to build one came at the end of a long climb with a heavy trailer in the New Forest, when my speed had dropped to 4mph and I was ready to stop for a rest.

Suddenly two bikes appeared with a gentle hum and relaxed looking riders. "What the ...?" I thought. Quickly followed by, "that's just what I need!"

As soon as I came home from holiday, I visited Woosh in Southend- Tony was very helpful and I settled on the front hub 350W BPM kit. To say I'm delighted would be an understatement!

Mike

Last edited:
Reactions: Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Hello Mike,
How does it tow now ? Certainly will makes others sit up and look esp with kids in tow.

MikeRo

Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2014
Maldon CM8
It tows embarrassingly well! If my wife is on her unassisted bike, I have to check behind me to be able to tell if we're even on a hill, since I have almost no idea anymore... A 15 mile ride with the trailer doesn't make a dent in the battery indicator (36V, 15Ah).

I did have to upgrade the front brake to 180mm hydraulic disc to be comfortable with the towing speeds too!