Newbie with Fuji eBike conundrum

Sansibel

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 22, 2019
Long-time Lurker, finally joined after buying a Fuji Sanibel (350W rear hub/36V/PAS only)
It came without a charger, and since the bankruptcy/sell-out of Fuji, there arent as many Fuji Dealers around.
The connector is a 5-pin female(on battery)
It looks exactly like this one:
I bought one so I could experiment with cutting off the male end and figuring out the wiring, B U T its way too small.
I'll try to post pics, but may not be allowed for Newbies. If you recognise this connector or can steer me in the direction of a charger , I would be grateful.3137431375

Sansibel

Jul 22, 2019
Thanks for quick reply. Looks like same pattern-trying to find dimensions of the DIN 5 plug

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It's probably this one that they use on the Suntour Hesc system that's fitted to the Halfords Carrera ebikes. They're really expensive from Halfords, but you can get them from Holland, I think, much cheaper. If you search the forum for threads on Carrera Crossfire chargers, you should find it. I think there's an explanation about the pinouts too.

I think they might be the same as what Raleigh bikes use too, so maybe look for Raleigh bike charger in the forum search.

There's no guarantee that your system uses the same communication protocols and parameters even if the pinouts are the same.

Sansibel

Jul 22, 2019
@vfr400 Thanks for the clue..I'll do some more searching..Why do you think that 5 pins are needed where almost everyone else uses only 2 ?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
@vfr400 Thanks for the clue..I'll do some more searching..Why do you think that 5 pins are needed where almost everyone else uses only 2 ?
It does a handshaking routine with the battery before it allows itself to charge. That makes testing difficult.

It might be worth checking the output terminals of the battery to see how many are connected. If it only 2, you could change the BMS in the battery to allow normal charging. You can get conventional chargers for about £9 and a BMS would be about £12, so together they're a lot cheaper than the cost of a 5 pin charger.

If you want more specific advice on this, you need to open the battery case and show photos of what's inside.

Reactions: Sansibel

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
If you recognise this connector or can steer me in the direction of a charger , I would be grateful.
Looking at your bike, I'd guess it's a standard Phylion/Joycube SF-06 battery. If it is, the same battery is used on many e-bikes (including the Halfords Crossfire as vfr400 says, but also Lovelec, Leaderfox, Devron etc etc). If Halfords don't have any, the chargers can be bought relatively easily from Europe for about £25-30.

Phylion 5-pin Plug.jpgPhylion 5-pin socket.jpg

Reactions: Sansibel

Sansibel

Jul 22, 2019
Problem solved! A local Fuji Dealer was able to order the correct charger. As cyclebuddy pointed out, it’s a Phylion battery and charger . $50 US and I’m back on the road.A little pricey, but I got a great deal on the bike.

Attachments

Last edited: