Page

Just Joined
Nov 18, 2015
Cumberland Maryland
HI! My name is Page, I am 73 years old. retired from Insurance Sales due to a Quad By-Pass in 2912. was looking for away to get off the couch since I can no longer drive, Dr's will not let me even though I still a little active-working part time at Walmart as a cashier, taken a Driver Rehab course-Test and passed but needed Dr's ok-they had to sign off DMV forms which no Dr in their right mind will sign due to liability so I have decided to get some independence back and get and use an E-Bike. I have ordered an Evelo Aurora. Since winter is setting in here in Western Maryland I will get the bike in March 2016. In the meantime I plan to go to the gym and ride a Stationary bike to get my legs in shape and my butt hardened a little. Never been much of a bike rider since I was a kid. I hope to use my bike to get to and from work about 8 miles one way and to do small errands and visit friends and go to medical appts without always asking someone and to save money on cabs and buses. Plus the exercise should help me lose weight and be good for my heart and diabetes. Would like to hear from all who have an Evelo or have any thoughts on any needed accessories I might want to obtain. I live in a rather hilly area and town and there are very few bike lanes. I will from time to time be riding at night and in the rain. Do not plan on riding in the snow or when it is below 40. Thanks for your help and look forward to being a part of the Forum
Page

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
Hi Page,

Welcome to the forum.

I hope you have got it at the black friday discount price.

This bike is known by several names, here in the UK it was called the Tonaro, if you do a search in the forum you will find several threads going back a few years. Overall the picture was that most owners were happy with the bike.

Being in the USA you are not restricted to our laws and the Company selling yours has better options and battery upgrades to the original. I hope you enjoy your purchase and hope you can spare some time in the future to let us know how you get on with your bike.

Last edited: