Cidergal

Just Joined
May 23, 2022
Found this very informative site as you do googling. I really hope to purchase an ebike very soon (£1800) budget. After having covid my health needs a kick up the bum. It’s definitely a mind field out there. I’m hoping to get a bike suitable for use on tow paths and on the road, I’m 5 ft 8, want reliability , good customer service if that’s possible, battery capable of least 30 miles with a few inclines. If anyones got any recommendations I would be very appreciative. Does anyone use Mycle bikes or know if they are any good? Looking forward to reading more on this forum.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
Welcome to the forum Cidergal.

I think the Mycle Compact is a great value folding e-bike (I don't know the other models in their range), but possibly not what you're looking for.

Take a look at Woosh or Wisper - both participate here on the forum, offer great support and have many loyal owners/followers here. Both offer good value/quality e-bikes that would suit your needs and priced within your budget.

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
A mine field indeed.

eBike stuff will fail and given the cost of the things you might expect that spares will be available 5 or 10 years down the line. One issue that concerns me about the current 'eBike' market is that for some retailer bought eBikes there can be problems in the future with spares. So if you buy a ready made ebike choose your retailer very carefully.

An alternative, if your into DIY, is to buy a conversion kit for a standard bike. The spares for these conversion kits can be found and it probable that kits will be around for some time. So at least if a major part fails you dont loose the use of the whole bike.

Reactions: Cidergal

Cidergal

Just Joined
May 23, 2022
Welcome to the forum Cidergal.

I think the Mycle Compact is a great value folding e-bike (I don't know the other models in their range), but possibly not what you're looking for.

Take a look at Woosh or Wisper - both participate here on the forum, offer great support and have many loyal owners/followers here. Both offer good value/quality e-bikes that would suit your needs and priced within your budget.
Thanks for your reply. Very tempted by the whisper brand or whoosh. Will have to test a whisper out. Can’t quite make my mind up whether to have a folding one as I’m not sure if there as strong as a fixed frame.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
Thanks for your reply. Very tempted by the whisper brand or whoosh. Will have to test a whisper out. Can’t quite make my mind up whether to have a folding one as I’m not sure if there as strong as a fixed frame.
I wouldn't opt for a folding bike unless there is some specific benefit to you, such as being able to fold it for storage or carrying, taking on public transport, or general nippiness/handling. I have both a 20" smaller wheeled folder and larger 28" wheeled bikes, and in my opinion a larger wheeled bike rolls better and is more enjoyable and comfortable to ride.... especially on tow-paths which tend to be a bit rough and lumpy.

Reactions: Cidergal