NHS Comedy Show

• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
That's nothing. Back in the 80's, I had to have a liver biopsy, which is done without any anaesthetic. The guy went in with a device like an apple corer. It's like being stabbed as they go a long way in. He pulled it out with nothing in it so had to go in a second time. This time he caught my frenic nerve (solar plexus), which temporarilly stopped me from breathing, so they sent for the crash team. After a short time, my breath came back and I was able to point to my middle when they figured out what happened. Again there was no liver in the device. He then played about with his device and said, "Ah, that's how it works". Unbelievable but true! On the third attemp, he managed to extract some liver.

When I had the scan a few days ago, I asked the guy to look for any bits of a liver biopsy device left behind, because it wouldn''t have surprised me, having had a lot of discomfort there ever since the biopsies. He thought I was joking.

My god Dave that is really awful......there is no way on this earth I would let anyone stick anything in me without an anaesthetic...especially not three times......

(actually, on re reading....can I just add "whilst in hospital " ) :D :D

Anyway...lets hope somebody comes up with news of an interesting ride out somewhere.....or a super duper new innovative bike....or something amusing.......but please.....no helmet debate lol

Well....maybe if you get desperate lol

Get well soon

Lynda :)

Last edited:

Advertisers