Nissan leaf a good deal or not?

stevebills

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2010
I was thinking about getting a nissan leaf they do 90mph and 100 miles on a charge which cost about £2.00 and I could save £60 a week in fuel and thats £240 a month and free road tax and the goverment are giving 5k off the purchase price so ita about £23500k now.
I would like to no what you all think about electric cars?

Last edited:

stevebills

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2010
As it's not an ebike you really shouldn't even be asking such a question here - The Charging Post would be much more appropriate.

Rog.

Hello Rog
Its an ebike disguised as a nissan leaf ok
I see we have a jobs worth or a wannabe moderator on board :D

Last edited:

stevebills

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2010
Hi what about the £95 per month to lease the battery

Frank
Whereas a leased car can be physically repossessed if too many payments are missed, for example, the company appears to have decided that a leased battery would be too difficult to seize when it forms an integral part of a car.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The battery is included in the Nissan Leaf's price of circa £28,000, and Nissan say it's just over half that price, a little more than £14,000.

Although the government subsidy knocks £5000 of the initial purchase, there's no subsidy on further batteries.

The battery warranty is 4 years and Nissan's rivals are pricing their leasing to replace the battery at four years old.

So be warned, although Nissan speak of up to 10 years, you may be buying a new battery at £14,000 plus after 4 years.

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
Leaf

Steve the replacement battery for the Leaf is £14,000 . You could almost get something decent for the price of that battery .The next generation of 3 cylinder turbo petrol engined cars would be a far better buy .Leave the Electric cars to the film stars who are saving the planet through buying them and then jetting across the Atlantic in their Gulfstreams !

Jeanette Morgan

Pedelecer
Nov 29, 2006
CORNWALL
When I saw the item on the news, the one thing that wasn't mentioned was how long it would take to charge the battery, it seems to me that even if there were lots of public charging points - how long would you be sat there for? !

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Those using lithium like the Nissan Leaf, Chevrolet Volt and BYD all have multiple batteries, but they are referred to as one. Quite correctly of course, the word battery meaning a group, whether of guns, poultry, cells etc.

Advertisers