Help! No PAS on newly fitted KT controller

MikeyRides46

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 11, 2023
Hi
I have been unable to get my new KT controller to operate other than to provide power assist at walking pace mode. I am sure that I have overlooked one of the parameter settings. Here’s the kit
1x kt36 brushless controller
1x ktlcd display
1x 12 magnet PAS sensor (this works on my other lishuj controller)
1x front wheel motor frame my Yoshi e-bike conversion kit
See photos attached.
I am unable to get any PAS other than walking mode (by holding down arrow on display unit)

I have attached photos of part of the controller manual as I was not sure what setting to choose.
I have made an assumption that the PAS sensor would work with a KT controller. It does work perfectly with my lishui controller (on the same bicycle).

. I wanted to swap the controller so that I could use the lovely ktlcd4 display rather than the large C500 display that came with the lishui conversion kit.

I hope someone can advise on the settings.
thank you!

IMG_1114.jpegIMG_1113.jpegIMG_1112.jpegIMG_1110.pngIMG_1111.png

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I'm pretty sure that the wiring sequence on the PAS connector is incorrect if you use the same connectors. Cut off the connectors and solder the wires in the right sequence.

MikeyRides46

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 11, 2023
Hi
I don’t get that display. The pas sensor fitted was one I use for my lishui controller.

I am thinking (rightly or wrongly) that I need a KT controller compatible PAS sensor and have ordered a bKT-12L. This has the same orange Julet 3 pin connector.
Maybe that will fix the issue!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Any PAS sensor should work however you will/may have to swap the wire sequence about. It is highly likely a LSW wire sequence is different to a KT.
As it is a julet type them yes buy a kt sensor and use C1 and either 5 ,6 or 7.

In my experience I found PAS sensor with a Kt controller worked much better using a 8 or 10 pole disc, 12 pole one I tried wasn't very good.

Last edited:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hi
I don’t get that display. The pas sensor fitted was one I use for my lishui controller.

I am thinking (rightly or wrongly) that I need a KT controller compatible PAS sensor and have ordered a bKT-12L. This has the same orange Julet 3 pin connector.
Maybe that will fix the issue!
All PAS's work essentially the same, but not if you don't connect the wires in the right sequence.