Nyon Display backlight not working

bigclick

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2014
Hi,
Its been about 18 months since I last got my bike out and the Nyon Display is black.

If i look closeley the display is there but no backlight

Is there any advise regarding this?

bigclick

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2014
Yes, research the internet and find out how to do a software reset (4 finger salute)

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Possibly the internal battery is flat. Plug it in a usb point for a few days, it works wonders.
If only it worked for me.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs

bigclick

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2014
Problem now is I factory reset it and it updated. Now I cant download any maps because I cant connect to Wi-Fi any longer.

Gigha

Pedelecer
Apr 30, 2015
East Lothian
Problem now is I factory reset it and it updated. Now I cant download any maps because I cant connect to Wi-Fi any longer.
I had this problem once , contacted Bosch via facebook and was given this reply "if you can not activate the WLAN at the Nyon after the update, please get in touch with your local dealer. He should use a Bosch diagnostic software to perform a so-called flash update with your nyon"

My dealer initially had difficulty in getting the diagnostic software to run. I cant remember the exact details but think he fitted an Intuvia, this allowed something to be reset on the DU. A DU forced flash to the latest firmware was then carried out. The Nyon was refitted and its firmware reflashed.

That cured the problem, I assume that there must have been some compatibility issues between the DU and Nyon firmwares as the DU firmware had never been updated prior to this.

Hope this is of some help, looks as if you may have to visit a dealer with the bosch diagnostic kit.

My nyon is on 2.7.5.0 [front & back-end]. The DU software is on 1.8.0.0, hardware 0.0.6.0

From the Bosch website the latest versions for Nyon are 2.7.5.0 and 1.8.3.0 for the DU

Reactions: bigclick

SanSan

Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2019
bigclick, we have had the same problem with the boch nylon. the solution was to take it into a darker place so you can see then go to Settings-My Nyon-Automatic Brightness [OFF] then set brightness to [100].

Related Articles

Advertisers