odd sound

brookesy

Pedelecer
May 6, 2007
next one then

thankyou coops and everyone for help, well if there is a bike that has the similar workings of the sakura, i.e. no gears, pedal sensor, powerful motor and quiet,oh, and doesn't look like a tank, then i will be a happy lady. It is difficult as one can scan the websites and different specs, but it doesn't beat actually trying the things out...and to rely on "lets wait and see what comes in the post" and if I dont like it, then it can go back idea..well, gets a bit tedious. I know 50 cycles has a great bike owner site that enables you you find a tryout nearby, hopefully, but is there a " big shop" that sells all types, that you can actually try out, and browse. If some of you guys got together and formed your own company, designed your own, as Flecc does, I for one would not hesitate to buy confidently from you, you all seem so technically brilliant! thanks again.

electric.mike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 16, 2007
grimsby
brooksey

i.e. no gears, pedal sensor, powerful motor and quiet,oh, and doesn't look like a tank, then i will be a happy lady. It is
when i rode my sakura i moaned it had only one gear, bought a 6 speed bike and after a few rides realised one gear was not a problem to me, so long as that gear was the right one for me,
the powabyke is in 6th gear and it stays there (occasional change to keep things working) it suits my riding needs and the terrain around here,so what i am saying is buy a bike with gears,find the one you like, if it only has one it may not be the same as your sakura,also when the time comes to sell it will sell better with gears.

mike

coops

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2007
Manchester U.K.
brookesy said:
well if there is a bike that has the similar workings of the sakura, i.e. no gears, pedal sensor, powerful motor and quiet,oh, and doesn't look like a tank, then i will be a happy lady.
That's the thing, isn't it, with ebikes: finding all the aspects you want in one good quality, reliable bike - seems a tall order at times! It would be great if "off the shelf" bikes were always right & "one size fits all" , but they're not :rolleyes: As we've seen recently, they can be customized, but at some length, so again I sympathise, but I think with a little ingenuity & skill, and with a clear idea of what we want from our bikes, and their limitations, we can go a long way to achieving it - i hope!

I don't know about a "business" company, but to my eyes we already have a tremendous asset in pedelecs.

I recall you saying you'd tried several ebikes, which is good, since you can cross them off your list if they're not up to the job for you, and I agree thats really the best way to evaluate them. Just keep exploring more options I suppose, till you either find one right for you, or that may be adjusted a little for a best fit: think of it like other purchases like clothes, which may not be a perfect fit, but if you know how to do it, you can adjust to suit well :).

When you say "doesn't look like a tank" I'm assuming "not weigh as much as a tank" too?! Lighter frames are around now, so thats one for the list - there needn't be a huge cost hike for that either, I think? Pedal sensor is trickier, since many seem to be throttle now (but I could be wrong) & later fitting may be possible, though the quality & reliability of such add-on parts is another issue, so if its essential best to buy it included I suppose. No gears is easier - if they are there, you don't have to use them! & better to have them, even if you don't use them, but powerful motor and acceleration - well, there's the rub :rolleyes:. Good luck!

Stuart.

brookesy

Pedelecer
May 6, 2007
refund

Thanks again,, they are refunding my money.so its back to the drawing board, and a couple of visits to our well known companies for tryouts..

coops

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2007
Manchester U.K.
Thats good news brookesy, isn't it? in a way? :rolleyes: I hope you have better luck with the tryouts this time (at least you've eliminated some possibilities already, as I said) and don't hesitate to ask for information if you need it; the déja vu thread seems the most appropriate place to do so :rolleyes: :) ;).

Stuart.