Olympic Ambitions

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I see that Golf, Speed Skating and Rugby Sevens have been put forward for inclusion as Olympic sports. :confused:

Tut, tut. :(

Whatever next? E-bike Polo? :eek:

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
I see that Golf, Speed Skating and Rugby Sevens have been put forward for inclusion as Olympic sports. :confused:

Tut, tut. :(

Whatever next? E-bike Polo? :eek:
I would suggest darts and snooker,at least england are good at both of these.

Barnowl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2008
E Bike polo sounds like fun.

Watching Golf does not.

Last edited:

BertYardbrush

Pedelecer
Jul 29, 2008
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
I was thinking there's no Olymic sport that involves a motor. But that's not strictly true. For the strange cycling event with a name like a dance, the Madison?, the cyclists follow a little put-put moped for lap after lap before the usual sprint finish. I would have thought that the time has come for them to use an ebike.
Maybe the camera crews that film the long distance events should consider using motor ebikes.
Do you think Seb or Boris have considered this as a possible option for 2012?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Maybe the camera crews that film the long distance events should consider using motor ebikes.
Do you think Seb or Boris have considered this as a possible option for 2012?
This Lafree Xtracycle was create to be a camera bike for a long cycle race in the USA, cameraman facing backwards in the usual way. Since this photo the owner has added an SRAM DualDrive gear system to give high speeds, and there's also the 1000 watt Stokemonkey motor available for these bikes:

camerabike2.jpg

Advertisers