OOOOPS!, nearly in the Canal

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I thought the frost would have made the sticky bit of the towpath more ride-able.... Tyres soon got clogged up and even tho it wasn't frozen it was like skating on ice and I dont skate.... Very nearly in the drink, then fell off so decided to go some where else.....
Please laugh quietly....

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
I thought the frost would have made the sticky bit of the towpath more ride-able.... Tyres soon got clogged up and even tho it wasn't frozen it was like skating on ice and I dont skate.... Very nearly in the drink, then fell off so decided to go some where else.....
Please laugh quietly....
[/QUOTE

The lesson I have learnt from off road motorbikes is pick your rut and stay in it. Changing ruts will invariably end in disaster.

• Agree
Reactions: Steve UKLSRA

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Gubbins, we could do with a guinea pig to test how waterproof electric bikes and cams are. So next time you're doing that route, maybe a little more to the right ;)

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Hi Gubbins did have a chuckle
What camera you using like it :)
Its the Cyclic Fly 12. Not really an MTB action cam, I think it was designed for road use, and is big so bar mountings the only option. Adding Strava metrics for HR, Speed Incline etc, is cool and is getting better with updates, as is the up to 10 hour batter life
I also have the Fly 6 rear and have experimented putting the together.. without too much success I might add.

Ultrafunkula

Pedelecer
Mar 18, 2011
I wonder if the battery would have exploded?
The battery explosion would of got him out of the water or at minimum got a few fish for supper

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

i think that cat wants to die lol ;)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
We had aforum member, who's bike actually ended up in the canal a few years ago. It didn't work afterwards.
Remember Cwah didn't need to go near a canal he just left his bike & 48v 09 out in the rain.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
My mate said you can miss that part of the canal by going down the side of a pig farm are you familiar with it I've never tried it
Photo shows..
Straight on under bridge to start of the bad part of the Utley to Silsden towpath.
To the left is a gap in the wall which has stone slabs coming out to make rudimentary stars, but its a fair drop and the steps are not too wide.. Down through the farmyard and then a narrow lane into Silsden. I have carried my bike up the steps but not down.. Its just too dodgy for me.. Mindst you so is the towpath...
Steps.jpg

Related Articles

Advertisers