Oxygen s-cross mk3.4 digit code

Cronley

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 5, 2020
Anyone help with the 4 digit code? Theres got to be away to access it.

Cronley

Sep 5, 2020
Yeah thx for responding but mines a mk3 with 4 digit code not 2 digits

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Similar thread...

Rykco

Sep 29, 2020
Bristol
I collected my Oxygen S-Cross MTB on Saturday and so far love it.

Turns out the latest ones are still mk2 but with an updated controller and smaller lcd which after enquiring with Oxygen cannot be derestricted even if going the legal route and regestering the bike and taxing and insuring.

Lets call it the mk2.5.

I'm wandering if the controller on Oxygen's own website and the old LCD would allow me to downgrade from the mk2.5 to a mk2 and allow for derestriction?

I'm guessing this would also allow for installation of the throttle.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I collected my Oxygen S-Cross MTB on Saturday and so far love it.

Turns out the latest ones are still mk2 but with an updated controller and smaller lcd which after enquiring with Oxygen cannot be derestricted even if going the legal route and regestering the bike and taxing and insuring.

Lets call it the mk2.5.

I'm wandering if the controller on Oxygen's own website and the old LCD would allow me to downgrade from the mk2.5 to a mk2 and allow for derestriction?

I'm guessing this would also allow for installation of the throttle.
Better still, upgrade the controller and LCD to KT. It costs about £70. Someone has already done it if you search back through posts/threads on this subject.

Reactions: Rykco

Rykco

Sep 29, 2020
Bristol
Better still, upgrade the controller and LCD to KT. It costs about £70. Someone has already done it if you search back through posts/threads on this subject.
I was hoping the Oxygen route would mean less trouble when it comes to rewiring/ splicing of cables and then all the setting up of the new controller for the gear ratios ect. Plus a correct speedo reading would be nice.

Last edited:

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I was hoping the Oxygen route would mean less trouble when it comes to rewiring/ splicing of cables and then all the setting up of the new controller for the gear ratios ect. Plus a correct speedo readin would be nice.
The wires are different between the two Oxygen systems. What do you think the problem is with the speedo reading?

Rykco

Sep 29, 2020
Bristol
The wires are different between the two Oxygen systems. What do you think the problem is with the speedo reading?
Are the wires different between the two systems? The mk2 has everthing the mk2.5 does bar the new display and possibly a new controller.

I was under the impression that getting a correct reading was more hassle than its worth?

Hovlev2

Pedelecer
Jul 24, 2020
I decided against using Oxygen's own controller and display, as they are about £140 from memory, and the KT ones I used (on VFR400's advice!) were about half of that price. Whichever bits you use, you'll have to to some soldering/ connections, as even the Oxygen one has different connectors on each controller.

Hovlev2

Pedelecer
Jul 24, 2020
The settings on a KT display won't be a problem for you, as I can let you have all the settings I have on mine, and they're obviously the same bike.

Hovlev2

Pedelecer
Jul 24, 2020
Also, I wouldn't worry about the mileage, I don't imagine you will have done many miles yet anyway