For Sale Oxygen SCross MTB for sale

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
Yes, for anyone familiar with this form, this is the legendary 8500 mile Oxygen S Cross MTB.

I have decided to sell the bike on, as long as I can get a worthwhile price, rather than take up valuable room in the wife's shed.

Discreet in frame 36v 13ah battery, centrally mounted backlit LCD display with 6 power assist levels and 3 power modes, 250w high torque motor, 27 speed gears and Hydraulic Discs.

19 inch frame
27.5 inch wheels with schwalbe rapid rob 27.5x 2.10 k-guard, brand new tyres

I have owned the bike from new in August 2017, and it has been extremely well looked after, with many parts replaced/upgraded over this time.

The bike has covered 8500 miles in total, and has been a true workhorse, the mileage covered is a reflection on how good the bike is.

The rear motor was replaced after around 6000 miles.
The front forks were replaced around 1500 miles ago as they had lost their spring.
Brake pads, cassettes, chains, derailleurs, tyres atc have all been replaced regularly along its journey.

The bike is still in very good condition, with a few marks here and there commensurate with the mileage.

Only selling as I have now bought the newer model which has been released by Oxygen bicycles.

The battery is still performing really well, and I can still achieve 20 miles on one charge, and that is with the bike set on its highest settings. The highest settings will give you full power assistance to a touch over 21 mph. Please note, the legal assistance limit is 15.5 mph. You can set this higher for use on private roads....

I kept a thread going on this forum, to give an honest review of the bike as I had tried 3 bikes before I finally found this one, and they were not up to the job.

Here is the link to that thread.

I am looking for what I think is a reasonable price for the bike, but I would rather keep it as a spare than give it away for silly offers. However, it would be nice for someone else to get use of what is a fantastic bike.

Price I am looking for is £450
I am based in Warrington, Cheshire

Some latest pictures below:

Last edited:

cyclenut1952

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2019
Leeds LS27
could i ask please, when you had the bike did you try the deristriction through the LCD screen? i so is it worth doing.
thanks

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
could i ask please, when you had the bike did you try the deristriction through the LCD screen? i so is it worth doing.
thanks
Yes, I ran it derestricted.
Depends on your needs really. Most of my mileage was done for commuting, so for me the idea was to get to work as quickly as possible so derestricted was a no brainer. I also feel a lot safer travelling that bit faster when competing with cars.

When on longer rides, you just knock the pedal assist down to level 5, or 4, its a bit like using a speed limiter.

cyclenut1952

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2019
Leeds LS27
Thanks Andy, i will be getting an Oxygen bike soon, did doing this harm any components? and can you reset back if needed? as i am completely new to ebikes and fogive dumb question,
when derisricted does this mean while ever your pedaling the motor will help you?
i do appreciate your time.

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
Thanks Andy, i will be getting an Oxygen bike soon, did doing this harm any components? and can you reset back if needed? as i am completely new to ebikes and fogive dumb question,
when derisricted does this mean while ever your pedaling the motor will help you?
i do appreciate your time.
I dont think it did any harm. The battery may not have such a long life, but that bike did 8500 miles on the same battery, and i was still getting 20+ miles running it like that on a charge, so maybe not.

Probably went through brake pads a bit quicker than normal because of the higher speeds, but they're as cheap as chips anyway.

On a nice flat, smooth road, with no wind it will take you to around 23 mph before the motor tails off. Might be worth you having a read through the thread about the bike, as it covers loads of stuff about the oxygen. A lot of vriables to factor in, but its a lot quicker that the 15.5 mph snail pace.

Its fairly easy to setup, and can easily be taken off again if you want.

On the odd occasion when ive been "observed" by mr plod, i just lean forward and huff and puff a bit.
I will say, I always ride it what i would call sensibly though, if there are people about/walking dogs along shared footpaths, I quickly power down, and open it up again when safe to do so.

Lots of mixed views on whether you should or shouldn't, but thats another argument probably had a million times on here :)

Reactions: RobF