Review Oxygen SCross MTB MK II Ongoing Review

RotharMor

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 22, 2021
If the hub and battery on the old emate are good then a system upgrade will be about £100 for a nice KT kit.
My Grand kids have already butchered my Emate for guards, rack, lights and front wheel - a total destruct! The hub had packed up & it was the 2011 model so there were no spares to be had from Oxygen. Thanks for the reply.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The 3 x 6 is 18 settings, low, med and high are power settings each giving a bit more current & then each power setting having 6 speeds. Select high & 6 for max power and speed.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
My Grand kids have already butchered my Emate for guards, rack, lights and front wheel - a total destruct! The hub had packed up & it was the 2011 model so there were no spares to be had from Oxygen. Thanks for the reply.
All the electrical parts are standard. You can use just about any ebike motor you want without modification. The motor is the one thing that's plug-and-play accross different types. All the other electrical parts can be swapped for alternatives. You don't have to use Oxygen ones because they were never Oxygen in the first place but standard Chinese Catalogue parts.

When a bike like that starts to get tired, it's a good opportunity to upgrade to the latest parts rather than get direct exact replacements, so you can get a better control system, more range, lighter bike, more power, or whatever you want.

The later Oxygens had the LiShui Controllers with C500 and then C600 LCDs, where you get three maximum power levels (eco, normal and power), which you set before starting your ride then you have 6 max speed settings to select while riding. Each speed setting has a similar power algorithm that ramps down power as you approach the max speed for each. The three power levels aren't much use. Most people never adjust them, but they are handy for lighter riders to reduce power and get longer range.

The latest Oxygens no longer have this feature, as they use different controllers and LCDs

JPGiant

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 3, 2017
West Yorkshire
Thanks Andy. I don't think I can get a throttle on the 2021 Oxygen bikes. Its the hills which I am worried about & Oxygen have this selection of 3 x 6 power options which I trying to get more info on.
Do a search on the forum... someone on here has changed the controller and lcd on a new (ex demo model I think) version to fit a throttle that came with a kit.

Grumpy and stumpy

Just Joined
Nov 16, 2021
Thanks Andy. I don't think I can get a throttle on the 2021 Oxygen bikes. Its the hills which I am worried about & Oxygen have this selection of 3 x 6 power options which I trying to get more info on.
Have read your reviews and hope ours does aswell had them for 6wks and had one big problem with both but oxygen have sorted it can't fault customer service,

Reactions: Andy Bluenoes

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
Have read your reviews and hope ours does aswell had them for 6wks and had one big problem with both but oxygen have sorted it can't fault customer service,
I'm sure it will do you proud :)

Not updated the thread for ages again.
Bike still going extremely well, had it for over two years now, no major faults to report, just the regular changing of wearing parts to keep it in best condition.
Think I've done over 3000 miles on it now :)

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
Well, another 6 months of trouble free cycling have flown past.
The bike is really doing me proud, absolutely love it.

With the rising costs of petrol, makes me even happier to cycle into work every day.

Ive done almost 5000 miles on the bike now, had no major troubles at all.

I have bought a new 17.5 ah battery to rotate with my regular 13ah, which will give me lots of extra miles when spring and summer come around.

I can get around 45 miles between the two batteries, with one in my bag, and thats running everything on "super mad" mode ;-)

Looking forward to some nice runs out this year.

Ive decided to give the bike a complete refresh too, its going into the local bike shop next week.
A bit more than the regular replacing of brake pads, chains etc, its having some real love :)

New front forks, brake rotors, derailleur, hangar, chain all that kind of thing.

Would like to say a big thanks to Kris from Oxygen and everyone else there for the great service, even after 2 and a half years, the service offered excels. Ordered my spares ready for next week, and they are here on time every time, cant beat it.

Related Articles

Advertisers