Panniers

Wallie

Pedelecer
Apr 7, 2008
Another question!

As I need to carry my work clothes, lunch, repair kit etc., for my daily commute, is it better to use a rucksack or panniers? If panniers, what are the best panniers for the Aggatu wave?

SimonHutt

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2007
Cheshire, WA4
Another question!

... is it better to use a rucksack or panniers? ...
I would always say panniers every time unless completely unavoidable. Benefits include:
  • No sweaty back
  • Weight carried lower lowering centre of gravity
  • No reduction of area of high visibility jackets worn that is seen by motorists
  • Less strain on your back

Simon

MazB

Pedelecer
Nov 21, 2006
Deffo Panniers,

Can't understad people who wear a nice hi-viz jacket and then lob a rucksack on ...not so much of an issue now the spring/summer is on the way whoo hooo, but in the winter I seen so many cyclists like this. Crazy.

Maz

Jeanette Morgan

Pedelecer
Nov 29, 2006
CORNWALL
I've seen panniers with the ezee logo on them which are oblong, rather than deep - look like they would carry a spare battery - does anyone know if they are still available?- I spotted it on a picture posted on the 8th April by Joab on the subject heading of "Next electric bike - illegal DIY!?" - sorry tried to copy the picture over, but failed.

Thanks
Jeanette

JamesC

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 1, 2007
Peterborough, UK
I've seen panniers with the ezee logo on them which are oblong, rather than deep - look like they would carry a spare battery - does anyone know if they are still available?- I spotted it on a picture posted on the 8th April by Joab on the subject heading of "Next electric bike - illegal DIY!?" - sorry tried to copy the picture over, but failed.

Thanks
Jeanette
Hi Jeanette
I have fitted one of the ezee battery carrying bags to the carrier on my Torq as part of the mod to use 2 batteries in parallel.

I bought the extra battery with bag from ebikes.ca over in Vancouver (speak to Justin).

ebikes sell the ezee kit (front wheel, controller and battery+bag) to modify a regular bike. I notice that they are expecting a new shipment of kits from China in the near future.

I don't think that 50cycles ever marketed ezee kits in the UK, but it might be a useful addition for Cyclepoint in the future.

James

Last edited: