Pedelecs frum makes me feel sick

• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 4366

I don't know what this forum has come to. I've been here on and off for 5 years. Normally, when all the discussions become political and personal, I stop reading and posting for a few months until things quieten down. In those 5 years, I've never know it as bad as it id now. I put this down to insufficient moderation.

I participate in other other forums, where if anybody tries to hijack a thread, one of the many volunteer or official moderators immediately remove the post and add it to any threads that are running on that subject. and if people try to start a duplicate thread, it's immediately locked. Any other transgressions of the rules are also swiftly and efficiently dealt with. Whilst it sounds heavy-handed, it works very well because people soon figure out the rules and consequences. There's no censorship of views or opinions except that people are not allowed to publicly challenge the moderator's decisions.

On this forum, the administrators rarely moderate. When everybody gets on together, that can work, but it's clearly not working at the moment. I think they should think about this.

Anyway, luckily, there's nothing that makes me log on and read all this **, so until something changes and all the narrow-minded wañkers have gone, which is probably never going to happen, I'll be taking another beak from it. The forum is bigger than any single person, so, like before, I don't expect I'll be missed. In fact, when I take a step back and think about it, why bother? I get no financial incentive, nor do I have any point to prove or agenda to indoctrinate people with. I'm thinking that I'm a sad bar steward for wasting so much time. If I'm honest, I only do it because I'm too lazy to do something else.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
This makes me sad.
You have such a depth of technical knowledge and experience.
When a poster comes on with my granny had this bike and the wires are mixed up . D8veh usually replies with . Ah that's the kxb42 with etc.
You may not be the only tech advisor but you are in the top two.( Flecc is other)

Many people won't know what they have missed.
Ps crank drive rules ;-)

Last edited:

Kenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2007
West of Scotland
I can understand why your fed up. Sadly I think the forum has lost much of it's fun and camaraderie over the last few years.

But don't think you won't be missed, it's only the likes of yourself and Flecc that keep me tuning in regularly.

Reactions: rippedupno1

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I'm sorry to see you post of your departure Dave, but I can well understand it, given the current combative posting trends and the atmosphere created.

You will unquestionably be missed by very many,

I just hope that the forum will improve over time and return to what it once was, enabling your eventual return.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
P.S I also work in another forum on a very different subject. In that one it's only necessary to click the "report" button on any out of line post for it to instantly disappear.

If clicked unfairly the moderators can return the post, but the instant removal feature seems to prevent objectionable posts even being attempted, ensuring harmony at all times.

robdon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 5, 2013
I am the same, I log on to see what you and Flecc are discussing.
You will be missed terribly

• Disagree
Reactions: tommie

Wingreen

Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2015
Anglesey
Your leaving the forum will be a big loss. I know you were very helpful to me when I first joined, particularly in relation to technical issues. I confess, I'm not aware of the posts that have prompted your decision - but, there again, I don't read or get involved with many. Hopefully you will return before long or even, dare we hope, you reconsider your decision.

Yamdude

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2013
Somerset
Dont leave because of the few control freaks on here..... its what they want !
But if you've made up your mind, i'll just say sayonara, which i'm sure you know is goodbye in Japanese....... not to be confused with cyanide, which is goodbye in any language.

• :D
Reactions: electrickery

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
the forum needs challengers but some are just OTT.
don't let them win.
if you leave, they've won.

• Agree
Reactions: electrickery

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
I can't say I blame you, just a shame that the wakners have won. See you over at ES.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I will miss d8veh's input his down to earth approach and knowledge has helped many an e biker on here. In the end the lack of diversity and topical views will slowly kill off this forum. There is room for all whether 250,350,500 or 1000w for a while S/cat even talked about his 5kw + builds, but certainly modding is needed esp when a threads are hijacked/derailed resulting in a point scoring / mud slinging contest that goes back and forth going over the same arguments which then as has been seen lately become personnel including insulting behaviour because not all are towing the 'new' agenda line by the self elected forum police.
On a national beekeeping forum I visit all bad behaviour of a personnel / insulting nature is dealt with by the mods swiftly in this way it keeps the tone friendly as it is viewed by all of any age., those that transgress are given warnings and are blocked/banned the 2nd or 3rd time of asking. Free speech is not censored unless a certain line is drawn.

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013
"so, like before, I don't expect I'll be missed."
Your help, knowledge and patience will be very missed Dave, by me anyways.

"I'm thinking that I'm a sad bar steward for wasting so much time."
You have not wasted any of your time in any help you have offered me. I have listened to and learned so much from you over the last few years.

I hope you will re-consider and stick around.

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
Sad to see you go but understandable.
This forum was usually my first port of call of an evening, interesting topics and conversations, now it's the last forum I visit and that's only out of habit.
I wouldn't miss it if it wasn't here.:(

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Nobody should be bullied out of here by incessant droning viewpoints made time and time again as an invasion of almost every post. I'm new here and I find this a most informative and often humorous place. Have an opinion, say your piece, discuss it heartily and be done. Spam attacks bring nothing of value to a forum.

I've moderated and administrated a large MG car forum for many years. The T-Bar MG forum.

If you need fair and balanced moderation, I'd be happy to help out.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Me too for moderator.
If it makes it nicer, and D8veh comes back then that will help many.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
edd wanted a uk leagle bike thread and after flud and others fkn moaning about it and edd suggesting it the new thread was made.

and the law posted on the FRONT PAGE.

now as they all bitch and moan about dongles i had a fair point that if it was made for leagle ebikes to post in then it should not have hub and bafang mid drive motors as can remove the 15mph limit on near all of them and use throttles.

bit like me saying ill use a dongle but promise never to go faster than 15mph pmsl.

so the hole point off it is a waste of time!

yet i bet if i posted a pic off my bike with no dongle he fkn moan about that as well lol.

yet if i remove the dongle and reset it its back to factory anyway,as i cant hack the software yet.

i also think the hole dongle thing is a total and complete waste of time moaning about it same as hub motors and mid drive bafangs 250w-5000w the police will not enforce it.

Reactions: LeighPing

Yamdude

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2013
Somerset
Personally, i would rather the forum stays without mods. When people have been active posters for a while, they get on well with some posters and not so well with others. Thats just a fact of forum life.
Make those same posters into mods and they are never totally impartial.

• Informative
Reactions: RobF and LeighPing

OldBob1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2012
Staffordshire
That will be a sad loss to this forum, a knowledgeable person in this field which is not gained in books but by experience.
The forum I found was a great site when I got into E-bikes for just getting me out and freedom to enjoy the countryside again.
Let the forum get back to E-bikes again.

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
I don't know what this forum has come to. I've been here on and off for 5 years. Normally, when all the discussions become political and personal, I stop reading and posting for a few months until things quieten down. In those 5 years, I've never know it as bad as it id now. I put this down to insufficient moderation.

I participate in other other forums, where if anybody tries to hijack a thread, one of the many volunteer or official moderators immediately remove the post and add it to any threads that are running on that subject. and if people try to start a duplicate thread, it's immediately locked. Any other transgressions of the rules are also swiftly and efficiently dealt with. Whilst it sounds heavy-handed, it works very well because people soon figure out the rules and consequences. There's no censorship of views or opinions except that people are not allowed to publicly challenge the moderator's decisions.

On this forum, the administrators rarely moderate. When everybody gets on together, that can work, but it's clearly not working at the moment. I think they should think about this.

Anyway, luckily, there's nothing that makes me log on and read all this **, so until something changes and all the narrow-minded wañkers have gone, which is probably never going to happen, I'll be taking another beak from it. The forum is bigger than any single person, so, like before, I don't expect I'll be missed. In fact, when I take a step back and think about it, why bother? I get no financial incentive, nor do I have any point to prove or agenda to indoctrinate people with. I'm thinking that I'm a sad bar steward for wasting so much time. If I'm honest, I only do it because I'm too lazy to do something else.
Please reconsider and stay Dave. We need you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisers