Help! Plug problems

Chopper_Jay

Just Joined
Jun 8, 2023
Sandwich
Hi. My name is Jay and this is the first time I have used a forum. I need some advice please. I have purchased and fitted a 48v 1500w 20" rear wheel conversion kit purchased from pedalese. The kit has gone on rather well as most of the cables have different plug types. Until I got to the throttle plug which was a three wire plug, however there is also a front light included in the kit which is the same type of plug. So I am not sure which is for the throttle or the light. The enclosed instructions were no better than toilet roll lol. Any ideas anyone ? It was all fitted to an aluminium Raleigh chopper.

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
If you can post a picture of the controller, with it's various leads, and it's name/model, some one will be able to help you.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Maybe try an e- motorcycle forum as that is what you are constructing.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hi. My name is Jay and this is the first time I have used a forum. I need some advice please. I have purchased and fitted a 48v 1500w 20" rear wheel conversion kit purchased from pedalese. The kit has gone on rather well as most of the cables have different plug types. Until I got to the throttle plug which was a three wire plug, however there is also a front light included in the kit which is the same type of plug. So I am not sure which is for the throttle or the light. The enclosed instructions were no better than toilet roll lol. Any ideas anyone ? It was all fitted to an aluminium Raleigh chopper.
The throttle has red, black and another colour, often white or green. The only way to be sure is with a meter. The throttle will be 5v and the lights probably battery voltage or 12v.

I think you might find that bike a bit unstable, so be careful. The short wheel base and high bars will make it wheelie or flip. Don't put the battery behind the seat whatever you do, and don't try to go up steep hills.

Last edited:
Reactions: Benjahmin