Possibly the most hideous electric bike...ever!

D

Deleted member 4366

I wonder what he means by new lithium batteries? I would have expected "battery".

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
I wonder what he means by new lithium batteries? I would have expected "battery".
Recelled, or maybe a little white lie to make it sound more attractive to buyers.
Still needs to change that 10w thing lol

MikeyBikey

Pedelecer
Mar 5, 2013
That Thompsons is a bit unique, with the LHS drive and mirror-image decal lettering, cool..
Is it using moped parts? :-D

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Jesus, stop stirring up this thread... I think I'm gonna be sick... Blurgh :eek:

mijak

Pedelecer
Jan 17, 2014
ilkeston, Derbyshire.
Recelled, or maybe a little white lie to make it sound more attractive to buyers.
Still needs to change that 10w thing lol
These bikes were bought in by the dealer with old type batteries he sourced lithium ion batteries to suit them i bought one of his other models, but with the same crank drive i have been using it daily now for 6 months all the bikes are new. He's a genuine bloke who has owned a motor bike shop shop for many years, as he is located where i live it was convenient for me, and he sells them from his shop. There are no lies, sadly all web sites attract snide comments from folk who do not have all the facts, mike.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
sadly all web sites attract snide comments from folk who do not have all the facts, mike.
I don't think warnings about possible negative factors are snide, I'd say just timely warnings. It's sensible to be cautious when buying online from someone not known, especially when the seller clearly doesn't know his subject, as shown in his statement "the amps are 10w".

mijak

Pedelecer
Jan 17, 2014
ilkeston, Derbyshire.
I don't think warnings about possible negative factors are snide, I'd say just timely warnings. It's sensible to be cautious when buying online from someone not known, especially when the seller clearly doesn't know his subject, as shown in his statement "the amps are 10w".
I admit i did not notice the "amps bit" a silly typo error, as i said previously i went there cos its very local i am delighted with the bike as i know a couple of other local guys are who went there are also. I normally avoid all the techie talk i just want to ride it rather than impress folk with chat on bikes. Above all i am just delighted to be riding a bike again, and don't care about make or price paid by individuals, for me just enjoy your bike. mike.

Reactions: Jimod
D

Deleted member 4366

These bikes were bought in by the dealer with old type batteries he sourced lithium ion batteries to suit them i bought one of his other models, but with the same crank drive i have been using it daily now for 6 months all the bikes are new. He's a genuine bloke who has owned a motor bike shop shop for many years, as he is located where i live it was convenient for me, and he sells them from his shop. There are no lies, sadly all web sites attract snide comments from folk who do not have all the facts, mike.
The word "batteries" is still confusing me though. It would be SLA batteries or lithium battery.

103Alex1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2012
My vote for one of the worst looking bikes is the Grace 1, it looks like a cartoon bike but others like the style.
A true ugly duckling if ever there were one. Awful in every way !

billadie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2010
Tewkesbury
Yes, but if it's bought by someone it will be on the road where it may offend thousands of people. It may be bought by your neighbour! Best if it is left unsold in a garage somewhere, out of sight, out of mind.:)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I don't understand all the criticisms of the OP e-bike. It's a whole lot neater than a Powabyke Euro or their earlier similar models. Try washing both a Euro with all it's untidy tube framework around the battery casing and this e-bike, and you'll soon find you prefer this one.

As for the colour, it's model name is Mango and that's roughly mango flesh colour. I've seen plenty worse colour schemes on bikes.

Reactions: superDove

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
I don't understand all the criticisms of the OP e-bike. It's a whole lot neater than a Powabyke Euro or their earlier similar models. Try washing both a Euro with all it's untidy tube framework around the battery casing and this e-bike, and you'll soon find you prefer this one.

As for the colour, it's model name is Mango and that's roughly mango flesh colour. I've seen plenty worse colour schemes on bikes.
Chill out flecc, we're only having a larf :D

You know when you've been Mango'd :eek:

Advertisers