Powabyke 1/6 Speed Shopper

Mike.Handford

Just Joined
Sep 1, 2019
Hi Everyone,

New to the forums (as had no idea this site existed until now) and just looking for a bit of advice. I have recently acquired a Powabyke 1/6 Speed Shopper and have found that the twist grip throttle is completely broken (looks like the bike may have been dropped on it and smashed it and there are parts missing). I am wondering if anyone knows where I can get a spare one or one that would work on it. I have attached a picture that shows the part.

Hope someone can help me as have been searching on the powabyke website and have only found the part for an Xbyke MK2.

Many thanks.

Attachments

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Hi welcome
If you have no luck post the question on the forum as not everyone looks in this part
Happy hunting

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Your only hope is to get one directly from Powabyke or as a spare from a broken Powabyke. That connector is very rare and Powabyke throttles work backwards compared with normal ones (last one I checked). There are ways to modify a standard one if you're good at DIY stuff.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Hi Mike, had a look for the Powabyke throttle, but the one I have is only 3 wire not 6, so unsure if it wil be of any use to you. Maybe someone else will be able to advise.

2019-09-04 15.26.09.jpg