Powabyke 24 Shimano Gears Commuter

livingcoward

Just Joined
Oct 18, 2008
Just bought one of these secondhand (one-year old) with a new Lithium battery that is nearly 18 lbs lighter than the old lead acid one, I am told. I just love it! The Pedal Assist mode is best if you want to get some exercise as well - makes going up a hill as easy as riding on the flat! In Pure Power mode it could make you very lazy! You need to charge it after every trip to ensure that the bike is ready and that the batteries don't get too low, as this can kill them (less than 3% full I am told). The bike originally cost about £845 and the Lithium Battery was the better of the two on offer and cost about £350 with charger. I got the lot for £600 and felt this was a very fair deal. The gearing is definitely on the low side so even in the highest gear cycling is easy, making the whole ride in manual, pure power and power-riding very comfortable. Lovely squashy seat with plenty of saddle stem to raise for tall guys. Downside - lack of leeway in brake cables limits the height to which the handlebars can be raised so body-weight for tall guys can be thrust onto the wrists a little too much - otherwise I love it!:):)