Powabyke X-bike

Mike63

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2008
Hi….I bought the X-bike a few weeks ago after developing trouble with my knees, which got worse under pressure.
The X-bike is most certainly the style I wanted being similar to what I am used to.

So far I have only been on one “run” for 22 miles and despite only using the power/pedal for a maximum of 4 miles and at minimum throttle, on getting home the battery was flat.

I was hoping/expecting to do some 30 miles which is what I used to pedal and to use the power/pedal for some 25% of this, say 7 or 8 miles and pure pedaling for 22 miles .

While difficult to quantify, Powabyke claim a range of 20 -25 miles pedal assist but using my calculations, no way will I get this so while I was not expecting miracles I am somewhat disappointed in the range .
Unfortunately a second battery is not an option for me.

Powabyke further claim 15 miles on pure power mode…while this mode doesn’t interest me it is not unreasonable to expect 10 miles but no way this will happen.

The book says that 80% of the charging takes 4 hours with a further 4 hours for the last 20%, a total of 8 hours from flat but the reality is that with a flat battery charging ceases and the light turns green after 2 hours and there is no way of knowing if the battery is fully charged :
….. despite what the book says and my own experience Powabyke claim that the battery is still charging when the light turns green… but this is just not so.

I really need to speak to another X-bike owner or someone with a similar machine so if you can add any comments or opinions it would be appreciated.

Cheers….Mike