Powertrek with Alien Battery

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
I went out on the powertrek with just the Alien battery connected via the converted cable that onmebike made up for me just to see if there was any difference between it and my supplied battery pack. I need to add some more baffle to the mike and sort something out to keep the pod in one place but I`m quite pleased with the way the camera works attached to my body and it shouldn`t suffer any damage like that.

There are 3 parts so don`t bother if you get easily bored:D and you can always turn the sound off if you don`t want to hear my dulcet tones;)
YouTube - Powertrek with Alien Battery part1

Excuse the sniffing, it`s the cold weather and the lack of soft sleeves:)
Dave

Last edited:

cogs

Pedelecer
Sep 3, 2008
Thanks Oldie! i have really enjoyed the clips - i've seen two, are there more? And the commentary is great.

I would appreciate a bit more time spent on introducing the bike, and yourself perhaps?

More please.

My kit is Alien, and I have to agree on the battery, although I've no experience of other types.

I once went to Sherringham down your way (We are up in the Grampians) and the hills are gently undulating if my memory serves me well. Nice countryside.
:)

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
I went out on the powertrek with just the Alien battery connected via the converted cable that onmebike made up for me just to see if there was any difference between it and my supplied battery pack. I need to add some more baffle to the mike and sort something out to keep the pod in one place but I`m quite pleased with the way the camera works attached to my body and it shouldn`t suffer any damage like that.

There are 3 parts so don`t bother if you get easily bored:D and you can always turn the sound off if you don`t want to hear my dulcet tones;)
YouTube - Powertrek with Alien Battery part1

Excuse the sniffing, it`s the cold weather and the lack of soft sleeves:)
Dave
Finally got part 3 to upload so it`s online now.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
James Cameron (Avatar) will be having a few sleepless night!:D

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Looking good Dave

Starting to know my way round your lanes:D
You just wait till I get that alien conversion out around those lanes with the cam:D

mapman

Pedelecer
Oct 2, 2009
newcastle /ne7
Ho yes please old timer,
I want to see the alien conversion out, i leave for work at 2.45 so i hope its on for me tomorrow when i get up at about 9.00.

thanks

mapman.

Morag

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2010
Shropshire
Throughly enjoyed those Dave, like to hear about the bike and what it can do and how you find it. Keep them coming. :D

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Ho yes please old timer,
I want to see the alien conversion out, i leave for work at 2.45 so i hope its on for me tomorrow when i get up at about 9.00.

thanks

mapman.
Mapman
It`s starting to rain here and I`ve also got to charge the battery so it won`t be today. If the weather is OK in the morning I`ll do my first run.

Dave

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Looking good Dave

Starting to know my way round your lanes:D
That`ll be handy, if I get lost I can phone you up and you can talk me home:D

Have you been out much on the bike of late?

Dave

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Ho yes please old timer,

thanks

mapman.
I decided to go out one more time with the Alien and then I realised i had a rear puncture:( anyway I pumped it up and set off and then it started to spit with rain and the battery started to drop so it will have to wait a few days. but I did get a few minutes in:D
YouTube - Kanal von OldTimerEbikes

Last edited:

mapman

Pedelecer
Oct 2, 2009
newcastle /ne7
Old timer
Thanks mate, been thinking all night at work ( finished at 2.15 am ) if you would have a vid done in the morrning for me to watch.and you did not let me down so thanks very much. that bike looks very fast, i have a few days on holiday next week and looks like i will order an alien gs ll as my first e-bike keep up with the good work.

thanks.

mapman.