Presteigne bike race update

alanterrill

Pedelecer
Dec 3, 2006
Here's the latest :
2007 Tour de Presteigne will take place on Sunday May 13th as part of ECOearth 2007. I don't have any more details on ECOearth yet, but last year it was an entertaining fair with stalls showing off various eco products such as ground source heat pumps, sheeps wool insulation, water recovery systems etc. as well as more fun things such as mobile sculptures made from scrap metal and pedal powered electricity generators for the kids to power their own computers games.
The bike part of it will consist of stalls showing electric bikes, with the opportunity to try them (50 Cycles will be there) . On Saturday evening there will be a musical event at the Legion, Presteigne featuring John Louis at the amazing French macadam Electric Powered Piano.
On Sunday morning there will be a short hill climb just half a mile out of town, followed by a leisurely 12 mile ride around the picturesque small roads and bridleways of the area. (For those that don't know the area, there really are plenty of small, pretty, uncongested roads in this part of the world) .
At 3pm there will be a discussion followed by a question and answer session with some of the movers and shakers of the industry .
At 5.30pm the one hour rally will begin around the new course that links the Business park and the Industrial estate.
Organizer Pete Mustill is urging anyone of any age or fitness who owns an electric bike or especially anyone has built one, to sign up straight away. Tricycles, shopper bikes and general eccentricity are welcomed -it is a fun event and not just for speed freaks.
Entrance fee for competitors is £10, £30 for stall holders, which includes a stall , chairs and a power point.
Contact Pete Mustill on 01544 267163 or email: broadsheep@aol.com

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
Here's the latest :
On Saturday evening there will be a musical event at the Legion, Presteigne featuring John Louis at the amazing French macadam Electric Powered Piano.
I think I found some video of this remarkable contrivance here. Can anyone name that tune?

Thanks for the update, very much looking forward to that weekend.

alanterrill

Pedelecer
Dec 3, 2006
Thanks - that was a great clip - it looks like it was shot at Presteigne last year -I didn't see it unfortunately, although I was there . I wonder if it was in the morning before the bike race got under way?
Alan

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
Latest Presteigne info

Available here

£10 to enter the bike race. Everyone with an electric bike over the age of 14 welcome!