Pro rider e tourer does not swith on

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
You're making us ask you questions instead of giving you answers. Instead of giving us made up words, can you describe what you think a trutter or trotter is or show us a photo?

Belen

Pedelecer
Aug 25, 2016
Bristol, uk
You're making us ask you questions instead of giving you answers. Instead of giving us made up words, can you describe what you think a trutter or trotter is or show us a photo?
Hi Fvr,
I am not understanding your comments and something is coming up here that makes me feel uncomfortable.
I wrote wrongly the word, but this is the way in that they name it in a lot of places.
I looked in ebay for the pic.
I hope that you can understand now.
Please feel free to do not help if you feel triggered.
I am not electrician and I am starting to understand this e bike world slowly.
I want kindness here. My intention is not upsetting you or others. Please do not take it personal and thanks for the help.
Kind regards

Throttle

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I'm not triggered. I'm trying to help you, but when you use words that I can't understand, I have to ask you what you mean be cause it might be something important.

You have described the throttle, which I can now understand. Nothing will work when you don't have battery voltage (41.5v) on that pink wire.

The control panel works as a switch that joins the red wire to the pink one. If the pink wire doesn't switch on, the control panel is faulty and need replacing.

You should be able to get your bike working by joining the pink wire to the red one, either by adding your own switch or cutting them and twisting them together on the panel side of the connector. Like that, the throttle should work and you will probably get only level 1 on the pedal assist. You can test it by making a bridge between the two holes in the connector that the pink and red wires are connected to. You can use a thin wire or a paper clip or something like that.

Please let us know if that restores any function to your bike. If it does, I can advise you where to get a replacement control panel, which will cost about £20 to £30.

Belen

Pedelecer
Aug 25, 2016
Bristol, uk
I'm not triggered. I'm trying to help you, but when you use words that I can't understand, I have to ask you what you mean be cause it might be something important.

You have described the throttle, which I can now understand. Nothing will work when you don't have battery voltage (41.5v) on that pink wire.

The control panel works as a switch that joins the red wire to the pink one. If the pink wire doesn't switch on, the control panel is faulty and need replacing.

You should be able to get your bike working by joining the pink wire to the red one, either by adding your own switch or cutting them and twisting them together on the panel side of the connector. Like that, the throttle should work and you will probably get only level 1 on the pedal assist. You can test it by making a bridge between the two holes in the connector that the pink and red wires are connected to. You can use a thin wire or a paper clip or something like that.

Please let us know if that restores any function to your bike. If it does, I can advise you where to get a replacement control panel, which will cost about £20 to £30.

Hi HVF,

Ok Thanks for this advise.
I am getting new connectors to do it and let you if this does work.
I bought a brushless motor already 36v that is working with a new lcd pannel because the old one is too old and it is broken, so the water was coming inside.
With the new one it is working. It has different connectors, anyway.
I am trying your suggestion as well and see if it works, then I could give back the new one.
I have another bike to fix anyway...I would like to fix it, and will need a new brushless motor.
Let’s sort out this one first.
Thanks and excuse me for my bad spelling sometimes.
Belen

Belen

Pedelecer
Aug 25, 2016
Bristol, uk
This is the brushless motor that I bought. I had to change the connections to get it through the holes in the bike and still I do not know how to connect some or if I did the wright thing.
But it is showing an error and it is not working the pedal assist. The lcd panel is working now.
When I tried the bike and used the throttle, the battery did a sound inside and the wheel did not move.
I have not connected the cables that are for:

- Electric brake: grey, red and black. I cannot find a cable for this in the bike as I only have two for each break and they are already connected.
- Intelligent identification.
- Lamp: black and yellow.

This is the link for the brushless motor and lcd pannel and the pics are for the cables that I have not been able to connect.

Well I am nearly there, but still I need some help. The new connectors are quite bad and I have to buy others as they do not connect properly well.

Thanks for the help honestly, this has been very hard for me, and it feels good having someone helping. I hope I would resolve this soon.

Belen

Attachments

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
electric brake is for a hall sensor brake switch. If you have 2-wire brake switches, you connect them to just the white and black wires. i don't get what you're saying about the brakes being already connected because the picture doesn't show any 2-wire connectors for the brakes. Where did you connect them to?

These controllers have self-learning. You connect only the motor wires (phase and hall), the battery, throttle and the LCD. You then join the two self-learning wires and switch on with the wheel off the ground. The controller will then try various things to figure out the motor connections until it understands them and turns the wheel slowly forward. When it's done that, you switch off, disconnect the self-learning wires and leave them like that. when you switch on again, you can test that the throttle works. Next connect the pedal sensor and test it, and finally connect the brakes and test them.

You need that red loop connected for everything, including the above testing. It's for a key-switch if you want to add one, but I'd say a waste of time when you can switch on and off with the LCD.

Belen

Pedelecer
Aug 25, 2016
Bristol, uk
electric brake is for a hall sensor brake switch. If you have 2-wire brake switches, you connect them to just the white and black wires. i don't get what you're saying about the brakes being already connected because the picture doesn't show any 2-wire connectors for the brakes. Where did you connect them to?

These controllers have self-learning. You connect only the motor wires (phase and hall), the battery, throttle and the LCD. You then join the two self-learning wires and switch on with the wheel off the ground. The controller will then try various things to figure out the motor connections until it understands them and turns the wheel slowly forward. When it's done that, you switch off, disconnect the self-learning wires and leave them like that. when you switch on again, you can test that the throttle works. Next connect the pedal sensor and test it, and finally connect the brakes and test them.

You need that red loop connected for everything, including the above testing. It's for a key-switch if you want to add one, but I'd say a waste of time when you can switch on and off with the LCD.

Hi vfr,
Thanks again for the help. It is so useful your advise.
Honestly if you come to Bristol, I would cook dinner for you and partner.

I connected the brakes to the low potential brake. These are black and white. I did not show all the cables in the picture.
I will continue tomorrow doing that you advised. What is for the low potential brake cable?
Another doubt is, the seld learning cables are these two blue colour in the brushless motor?

Thanks very much
Belén

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Low potential brake connectors are for normal brake switches. the high potential ones are for special brake switches that you're unlikely to see, and the the three-wire ones are for hall sensor switches.

Belen

Pedelecer
Aug 25, 2016
Bristol, uk
Hi VFR,
I have the connectors finally and changed them to join the cables.
I did the test as you told me with the self learning mode.
There was coming a sound, but the wheel did not move.

Then I switched it off and disconnected the self learning and tried the throttle that did not work.
I connected then the pedal sensor and in this moment if I try the throttle it comes a strong noise from the battery and does not work.

Everything is connected, only from the lcd pannel there is another connector that I do not know where is going.

Do you know what could be this noise coming from the battery and why the wheel does not work?
I am sending pics for the lcd pannel switched on and the connections from the brushless motor.
Nearly nearly there

Thanks a lot
Belen

Attachments

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I can't see enough in that mess of wires. Can you take some photos that show every connection to the controller?

Belen

Pedelecer
Aug 25, 2016
Bristol, uk
Hall.
I realised that the wires did not match and I just changed, but still the same problem. There is a white wire coming from the controller and from the motor this cables is missing.
1st pic are the wires comimg from the wheel motor
2nd pic are wires coming from the controller
3r pic all hall wires connected

Attachments

Advertisers