Pro rider for £579 ?

Brelades

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 23, 2012
Has anyone any experience with the Pro Rider E-tourer bike ?
Has a 36volt 10 AH battery, seemingly comprehensive controls, and rear servo disc brake.
Advertised as having a RRP of £1500, which makes it sound a bargain at under £600.
Nothing better than warnings or plaudits from owners, so I hope I'll be lucky with some replies.

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
I would compare bike to similar priced bikes. Do not think it is worth £1500, some put high RRP and sell at reduced rates to make products seem a bargain. Not had any personal experience of brand, not sure if others have.

My advice at lower end is always to compare specification and warranty, ideally you want at least two years on battery. I am sure other will offer alternative for you to consider. Good luck with the search!

jstjv

Mar 12, 2012
Hi Brelades,

I bought a Pro Rider last April (the mountain bike version) and have used it regularly since, without any problems at all. It is probably not the highest spec, but I wanted to get into electric bikes to see if it was for me, and I've really enjoyed it. I would say it was good value for money at £600.

JSTJV

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
One of two machines at this price point , the other is the Woosh Sant Ana . The Woosh replacement batteries are very reasonable and the Pro Rider people lose their credibility by claiming theirs is a £1500 Ebike . I suppose the support for their machines would be a plus point , if they are as good as they say .

stesteste

Pedelecer
May 2, 2012
bradford
the woosh bike seems good and hasnt got the extra length for battery placement

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Brelades

Aug 23, 2012
Can't understand the extra length claim on the Whoosh.... Battery seems to go in the usual extended frame section.
I can see a case for a carrier carried battery reducing overall length and making a bike more like a non-pedelec, but does the higher centre of gravity cause a more "tippy" situaation ?